Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 818232425262728

Thread: Fansproject Intimidator and Motor Master Revealed

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

They should only make one set of the other four in G2 colours, put them in bags and list it on ebay. That could make them good money!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    They should only make one set of the other four in G2 colours, put them in bags and list it on ebay. That could make them good money!
    According to Peaugh's vid review (colour on these guys look great) there are no plans on releasing the other 4. However there is a little card you're supposed to mail back to them with a photo of yourself and the figure.

An old school form of market gauging demand for the full set? Maybe recent FP repaints has not done too well - Colossus Cartoon colours, Code Virus Edition, Causality Deluxe not-Insecticons? Whether it's popularity or price, seems like in general there are fewer acquisitions of these.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    According to Peaugh's vid review (colour on these guys look great) there are no plans on releasing the other 4. However there is a little card you're supposed to mail back to them with a photo of yourself and the figure.

An old school form of market gauging demand for the full set? Maybe recent FP repaints has not done too well - Colossus Cartoon colours, Code Virus Edition, Causality Deluxe not-Insecticons? Whether it's popularity or price, seems like in general there are fewer acquisitions of these.
    because people have already bought the originals... and 3P prices as they are, its hard to justify getting the same items again in a different colour/slight remold.

So I finally sat down with the whole bunch to properly get to grips with them. When I received Diesel (the final figure released) in January I was massively impatient, mistransformed the combined mode and just gave up as it turned into a floppy mess. It took me about 80 minutes to properly teach myself how to transform Diesel into bot mode and then Intimidator into gestalt mode, but my word was it worth it!

When properly transformed the figure is quite solid - just when I finished my cat came into the room and decided to investigate Intimidator by bumping it with her head over and over (which made for some lovely small scale kaiju v giant robo imagery) and even when she knocked it over everything stayed in place. I love the colours and the articulation, which I feel works a lot better when than on the Colossus.

I do have a minor gripe list

- I don't think having the truck can sides lock into the bottom of the thighs is the best way to secure the weight of everything below the knee to the upper legs. This is obviously a lot more solid than when I thought (in January when I was being captain impatience) that it was just a really loose dangly joint that didn't lock, but it's still a bit weak
    - the Down Force/DragStrip arm is the only one that can hold the sword (the box of plugged together gun bits that attaches to the other forearm blocks the handle if you try to hold it straight). Wouldn't mind normally but the wrist joint is prone to flopping here under the weight of the sword as only friction really holds it in place.
    - Car Crash/T-Bone (breakdown and wild rider) have really really really tight transformations that require a bit of plastic bending, and I'm not sure how this will hold up with time. To be entirely fair I've transformer Car Crash about 40 times and T Bone maybe 20 and I've not noticed any kind of stress mark yet.

As above, these are minor issues. On the whole this is a fantastic set (you know, once you figure out how to put it together). I need to sit down tomorrow for about 30 minutes and learn how to get Diesel back into truck mode - I know how to combine all the accessories into the back truck half but have struggled with turning the robot into the front half in the past.

The only properly disappointing part of this experience was finding that one of Down Force's feet had popped off its ball joint without me noticing and gone walkabout
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    - Car Crash/T-Bone (breakdown and wild rider) have really really really tight transformations that require a bit of plastic bending, and I'm not sure how this will hold up with time. To be entirely fair I've transformer Car Crash about 40 times and T Bone maybe 20 and I've not noticed any kind of stress mark yet.
    My main gripe - bending is not a long term solution. Car Crash and T-Bone they just took the transformation process a step above intricate and into complicated. Does not appear to be absolutely necessary as well, I'm sure there were ways of making minor sacrifices to the robot mode's style without the need for plastic bending.