Thread: Non-comic Combaticon official images

Default Non-comic Combaticon official images

For the 2015 Deluxe Generations toys, there were non-comic versions of the toys for markets that are not primarily English-speaking.
    Images have now surfaced for the Combaticon Deluxes in packaging without a comic, but come with a character card (which doesn't come with the Comic version).
    So if you want to have a full set of the character cards to go with all the Legends, Voyagers, Leaders and Devastator... hunt down the non-US versions. (we get the US versions here)

The sculpting on the two new toys (Brawl & Swindle) really shows what a difference a year makes with the evolution of a toyline. There is not a flat panel on either of them, which makes them stand out from the 2015 redecos (Blastoff & Vortex) who have flat panels everywhere.
    (The focus for the 2015 toys would have been on the internal engineering of the toys to make the combiner concept work... so now that it has been mastered, the new-mould 2016 toys might have had more time for the designers to spend on the exterior sculpting.)

So much want. Particularly Brawl.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I despise this Blast Off, Brawl looks great, Swindle seems almost too busy for me, and Vortex is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The sculpting on the two new toys (Brawl & Swindle) really shows what a difference a year makes with the evolution of a toyline. There is not a flat panel on either of them, which makes them stand out from the 2015 redecos (Blastoff & Vortex) who have flat panels everywhere.
    (The focus for the 2015 toys would have been on the internal engineering of the toys to make the combiner concept work... so now that it has been mastered, the new-mould 2016 toys might have had more time for the designers to spend on the exterior sculpting.)
    I dunno, if they sculpt by computer adding those kind of sculpted details should not be difficult. To me these seems more like a stylistic change, maybe seguing into Titan Returns or whatever it's called style. Maybe they decided they went too Gewun and wanted to get it back to a more modern look.

The packaging seems more artistic on this wave than previous.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Not too keen on Vortex. The blue on him looks wrong to me. I'll still get him though, otherwise Ol' Bruticus will end up on a disability pension with a missing limb.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503