View Poll Results: CW Brake-Neck - worth getting?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • A chance to complete the original Sunticons line-up? Hells yeah!

5 45.45%
  • Only if cheap

2 18.18%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

1 9.09%
  • Not interested

3 27.27%

Thread: Toy Review - CW Brake-Neck

Default Toy Review - CW Brake-Neck

Brake-Neck
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco – Remould of Dead End
    Released here – No, internet exclusive
    Approximate Retail Price - $25us
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance – Stunticon
    Alt-mode – Sports Car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner limb
    Main Colours – Pale Black, Red
    Main Accessories – Exhaust/Club, Combiner fist/foot

Robot Mode
    A bit more red to him than the original toy and cartoon but I think it works in his favor and actually makes his colour scheme pop a bit more, actually like him better than the Tak/Tom version. Decent articulation and looks pretty character-accurate.

Vehicle Mode
    Very nice, right down to the silver on the hood, red windscreen and off-centre Decepticon logo. Not sure about the red on the sides though, that just doesn’t work for me.

Transformation
    Same as CW Dead End, pretty easy and intuitive.

Overall
    For those of you that were totally ticked off that the original Stunticon line-up had been changed, well here is your chance to complete it they way you want. Personally I like the idea that the Stunticon roster has been expanded from 5 to 7 (I don’t really care he buggered off in the current comics). The fact that this figure is hard to find as well as being a bit more expensive may put a lot of people off. Others may just be happy to have Tak/Tom's Wildrider - for me it's hard to tell which is better as, like I found with Quickslinger/Slingshot, each has little paint apps in both modes that I wish the other one had, though overall I'm leaning towards Brake-Neck over Wildrider. Personally though I’m glad I got both versions

Some comparison pics between Brake-Neck and his Tak/Tom counterpart Wildrider...

yeah definitely preferring the Hasbro version here (and not just because that's the one I have) - the extra red and the deeper grey on the bonnet really help break up the outline, and as you said - make him pop.

As for his place in the Stunticons... currently displaying him on his own, with Off Road as Menasor's leg - mainly for a bit of variation - might swap back at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    yeah definitely preferring the Hasbro version here (and not just because that's the one I have) - the extra red and the deeper grey on the bonnet really help break up the outline, and as you said - make him pop.
    Finding the same when I compare my Hasbro and Tak/Tom's Drag Strips. The Tak/Tom version might be more cartoon/G1 toy accurate but the extra colour makes Hasbro's version in robot mode look superior.

Interesting thing with Brake-Neck. His bio on the back of his comic has his Function listed as Breacher instead of Terrorist. A reaction to how the world has changed in this century maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Anybody else found the windscreen hinge getting stress marks? Mine seems to be getting worse and worse.
    No but then I use mine for display purposes at the moment so he doesn't get transformed a lot