Thread: RID Warrior Class Megatronus images (now out in US)

Default RID Warrior Class Megatronus images (now out in US)

More images will certainly follow, but a single photo has shown up of the Warrior Class Megatronus toy, and it looks to be part of the ToysRUs exclusive "Clash" line... so probably as a second wave to the three that were released a couple months ago (in America).

With how these figures are being released, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes to Australia without an announcement.

I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled next time I go to Toys R Us
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Just looks like a reworked Megstronus to me

Is the title of the this thread wrong? The link is for the warrior class megatronus.

Quote Originally Posted by drahsrebu View Post
    Is the title of the this thread wrong? The link is for the warrior class megatronus.
    I typed it subconsciously... the character was supposed to be (should have been) Megatron anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Just looks like a reworked Megstronus to me
    It is likely to be a different deco (no blue) from the regular version... as there is supposed to be a regular release version coming.

I'm personally really, really, really glad that it's not Megatron, because having Megatron just revert to being evil again would just ruin the ending of TF Prime/Pred. Rising. Optimus Prime's return already kinda cheapens his sacrifice, although admittedly they have made an effort to try and justify it. And I do like how Optimus Prime won't usurp Bumblebee's leadership.

To me, there's just nothing special about Optimus and Megatron being the leaders all the time. It's just become stock and standard. So I do appreciate it when writers try to give us different leaders. The comics have done this since the 80s, but it's refreshing to see a TV series try something like this for once. I enjoyed seeing Steeljaw as the de facto leader (then deceived into forced subservience). Having Bumblebee as Autobot leader was good in concept, but could've been executed better. I would've liked him a lot more if he'd stopped comparing himself with Optimus Prime all the time.

Megatronus is the one character we haven't found over here in HK yet. The clash line is unreleased here even in Toys'R'Us. My son really likes the Megatronus he has (brought in Sydney) but is always too scared to transform him lest he breaks so if this one is more resilient I will have to track it down if it does get an AU release.

Like Gok I am really glad he isn't Megatron either. As much as it always pains me when I see Optimus sacrifice himself I liked the way Predacon Rising ended as it showed characters CAN change and redeem themselves as Megs did (and to a lesser extent Knockout).

With RID2015 I wish Megatronus had more bite to him. I found the way they utilised him in the show lack-lustre (similarly Optimus).

Anyways, more Decepticon toys is never a bad thing. When I think on it, my sons favourite RID toys are all Decepticons...