Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parcel Restriction

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    20 inches by 16 inches by 16 inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    it is about
    20 " = 50.8 cm and 16 " = 40.64 cm
    Sorry guys. I had it backwards. But that still doesn't seem very big. I've had much bigger boxes come from RK.

Yeh he pulled a swindle on you. JD is right, he could've simply divided them up and shipped them in two separate boxes. Size restriction my ass. 14 carded beast machines figures 10 basics 4 deluxes is pretty much a packed and parceled G1 Scorponok aint it? What about G1 Fort Max? Is this guy saying that's too big to be sent internationally as well? Bulldust.

Wait and see if he relists it. If he doesn't, you'll know he received a second offer from some other chump.

I know someone posted on this issue previously but I can't find it.

I'm thinking about getting a Fort Max but I have a few concerns, one of which is shipping restriction.

Does anyone know whether we aussies can still import a Fort Max from the US?

Do the dimensions of the fig + any additional height/width/length make it feasible to be shipped under the restrictions?

According to wiki- it only stands 22inches? where as the sizing allows for 46 inches of height? So there shouldn't be a problem right?

its based on where its shipped from
    base mode is the best bet to import from the us

Wow, sounds like he either got a better offer, or is just a jerk.
    As far as I know sellers cannot give negative feedback any more, so go ahead and burn the guy.
    I'd report him too, simply because the auction is a binding contract on both sides of the sale.
    unless you are planning on waiting incase he re-lists and you can bid again. maybe more trouble than it's worth.

I have had massive boxes shipped from BBTS, they ship UPS AIR SERVICE
    Usually arrives in 3 to 5 business days - trackable. There are no duties or taxes if order is under $1000 AUD.

these boxes are huge and they are delivered to my work address directly. No hassle or fuss, not cheap untill you're shipping a bunch of stuff, but for the 14 figures you're talking about they could ship the lot for maybe $40 - $70 at a wild guess, based on what I've recieved.

anyway, I hope you can find what you're looking for somewhere else, cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    I know someone posted on this issue previously but I can't find it.

I'm thinking about getting a Fort Max but I have a few concerns, one of which is shipping restriction.

Does anyone know whether we aussies can still import a Fort Max from the US?

Do the dimensions of the fig + any additional height/width/length make it feasible to be shipped under the restrictions?

According to wiki- it only stands 22inches? where as the sizing allows for 46 inches of height? So there shouldn't be a problem right?
    Ya that was meeeeee!

The past few months have been perfect for a G1 Fort Max purchase, considering the AUD has been so strong. When I bought mine a couple of months ago, I had to slowly work with my seller as he visited the US post office and got quotes. My understanding is that with the new size restrictions brought in by the USPS, you can no longer ship a MIB G1 Fort Max to Australia.

The only option is to buy a loose one and have him transformed to base mode. When I got mine, I'm pretty sure only the legs were folded up. I was told that the (recently updated) maximum USPS parcel dimensions are 55x55x55cm, with Fort Max being some 52cm from head to toe in robot mode, which doesn't leave much room for bubblewrap and foam.

Again, if the seller can simply transform him into the smaller base mode you can easily get away with Priority International, which will set you back about $100AU. If the seller isn't a collector and doesn't know how to change to base mode, link her/him to

http://botchthecrab.com/archive/inst...ss_maximus.jpg

Obviously you'll want to detach the ramps and Cerebros head to free up more space inside the box as well.

Good luck with the hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Ya that was meeeeee!

Good luck with the hunt!

Thanks for the advice!

Guess I have a lot more to think about before getting this guy.

FYI Fortress Maximus stands at 55cm tall and 35cm wide in robot mode, 78cm long x 42cm wide in starship mode and 30cm tall x 55cm long x 42cm wide in city mode. Weighs 5kg. City mode is probably the most compact (with ramps folded up of course ).