Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU @ SDCC

Well it certainly bodes well for a future Clamp Champ release - maybe they thought that Snout Spout (being in the rescuing business) could do with some jaws of life!

Once again I've been sucked into a subscription. Of the reveals though, I'm most impressed by Demo-Man and his Alcala Skeletor head. Yum.

So.. You pay 20 bucks for the subscription and then they automatically send you the various figures. Hmm, Can they be combined with the other figure that is released that month? Considering how each time I have ordered, I have had to wait a month, I don't mind waiting 5 days if the send my Sorceress out with some other guy.

Can you opt out of figures? I care not for Fisto or the Star Sisters (whoever they are). I do want that blasted shadow weaver though!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    So.. You pay 20 bucks for the subscription and then they automatically send you the various figures. Hmm, Can they be combined with the other figure that is released that month? Considering how each time I have ordered, I have had to wait a month, I don't mind waiting 5 days if the send my Sorceress out with some other guy.

Can you opt out of figures? I care not for Fisto or the Star Sisters (whoever they are). I do want that blasted shadow weaver though!!
    From what I have read, they sent stuff individually so you can't group them.

No you can't opt out of figures, they automatically charge your credit card for each one.

For an international customer, I don't think it's worth it. You loose out on money with individual shipping and you would't receive it before others as International shipping takes so long.
    Last edited by kup; 24th July 2011 at 09:45 AM.

Certainly. As much as I love MOTUC I couldn't possibly Afford EVERY SINGLE TOY they release, i'd rather get what I can from Ebay when I have the cash for it.

That said, every reveal looks pretty sweet. And Shadow Weaver!! I've waited 25 years for a Shadow Weaver toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    That said, every reveal looks pretty sweet. And Shadow Weaver!! I've waited 25 years for a Shadow Weaver toy!
    That's what everyone is peed off about. It was a very jerky move to put her up as a subscription only figure. They probably did that due to all the threats from people saying that they wouldn't get a subscription for next year due the recent streak sub-par announcements and ever decreasing QC.

Bah! That sucks. What's the point. Only the real major die-hard fans would bother going for the subscription then.

I would be more inclined to go for it (and still pay the $20) if they just offered a list of what was coming out before they were on sale and gave the chance to order before the rush.

Might as well take my chance on ebay for Shadow Weaver hey? I would assume they will eventually release her in the normal line, mainly due to the potential $$ in it. Probably have to wait a couple of years.

How many years has the subscription been going for and has this happend with other characters? Preternia He-man doesn't really do it for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Might as well take my chance on ebay for Shadow Weaver hey? I would assume they will eventually release her in the normal line, mainly due to the potential $$ in it.
    They won't - everyone has the opportunity to buy a subscription to get Shadow Weaver or buy one on eBay, but as stated in the contract "The only way to purchase the club-exclusive figure and map poster through Mattel is to buy a membership to Club Eternia! These items will not be sold separately on MattyCollector.com."Shadow Weaver, Wun-Dar and Preternia He-Man will never be re-released - they're the incentive to get a subscription. If they reneged on that, people would stop buying subscriptions.

I agree with Sky Shadow, they won't unless sell Shadow Weaver by herself although they may release some sort of variant later on (Battleground Shadow weaver?). It's a way to con you into the subscription and it is effective so they have more to loose than to gain by re-releasing the same figure by itself.

I will try my luck on ebay, chances are that it will cost an arm and a leg though.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I will try my luck on ebay, chances are that it will cost an arm and a leg though.
    Yeh, but probably less than the $430 total cost for the subscription hey?

Not much of an incentive that subscription at all really. Pah! That sucks, otherwise I would have been keen.