Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Botcon Platinum Edition Figures and Masterpiece

Hmmm...i was hoping for G1 Bruticus deco but as I have been holding out for this set I'm gonna get it either way. Predaking is interesting but why is he holding a gold Star Sabre?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Hmmm...i was hoping for G1 Bruticus deco but as I have been holding out for this set I'm gonna get it either way. Predaking is interesting but why is he holding a gold Star Sabre?

Me too, i own the FoC Bruticus, that'll have to do for now
    Predaking's used Razorclaw's sword since '86

Will it come out retail here? How much would the toys be?

Interested if we will be getting G1 Predaking at Australian retail. It would be very tempting. Love the box art.

Masterpiece Soundwave looks really good. Unfortunately Acid Storm looks a bit sad, maybe he needs a glow in the dark paint gimmick to entice me there is a hell of a lot of green, looks like the original images released a while ago though.
    I'm also undecided on the new Hasbro masterpiece packaging.

Predaking's art looks like something you'd see on a Masterpiece box. (the old kind, at least )

The platinum Grimlock is actually the best bet for me, seeing as the only other Bruticus that interested me are the SDCC and Takara, as well as the Takara Grimmy being the only I liked so far.

Don't want to spend that much on SDCC or Takara, because I'd have to factor in Takara Grimlock as well.

Hi guys, just got this reply from TRU Customer Service, regarding Grimlock vs Bruticus (surprisingly fast,actually), with some slightly bad news.

"Hi Ryan,

This item will not be released in Australia until later this year.

Once we have received our shipment we will determine if the line will be featured on our online store and how to communicate the release to our customers.

We hope you are as excited for the arrival as we are!

Kind Regards,

Customer Service
    Toys R Us"

Not sure if this will hold true over time, but it's a bit disappointing for me, at least. If it is, I'll have money around Christmas, which I can get it with, at least.

Default Need Help

Hi guys i just signed up, im so bad at froums n such, but im trying to get ahold of the Platinum edition of the Transformers Bruticus n Grimlock, and the Predaking n i dont want to over pay on ebay or buy loose figures.
    Im from Melbourne but atm im in Sydney on Kent st visiting for the week so if anyone knows where i can go to get either of them plz email me asap.

Thanks

tjho85@live.com

Quote Originally Posted by tomo597 View Post
    Hi guys i just signed up, im so bad at froums n such, but im trying to get ahold of the Platinum edition of the Transformers Bruticus n Grimlock, and the Predaking n i dont want to over pay on ebay or buy loose figures.
    Im from Melbourne but atm im in Sydney on Kent st visiting for the week so if anyone knows where i can go to get either of them plz email me asap.

Thanks

tjho85@live.com
    Welcome aboard

Neither have been released locally. The only one that we know of being released here at the moment is the Bruticus set & as BD posted previously it has been rescheduled for later in the year as opposed to it's originally scheduled release date of August. I havent seen any in the local independant comic/toy stores either.
    The only Platinum Ed. Figures you may find could be leftover Magnus & Prime from Target's & Kmart's Toysale.

You can get Grimlock vs Bruticus at BigBadToyStore for about $136 AUD shipped, which is what I got mine for and it's a pretty good price, IMO. Great figs.

You can find it here.

You could wait for it to come here at TRU in November, but it's going to be about $180-185 at retail and will no doubt be hard to come across. I would say BBTS is the best place to get this, for a price which I think is quite reasonable for this many nicely painted figures.

They also have the Platinum Predaking for I believe around $180 AUD shipped, though Amazon.com and Robot Kingdom have it too, though Amazon's packaging methods have been... questionable, as evident with various arrivals, such as Griffin's.

I wouldn't go eBay unless you can't find it at a specialty online store such as BBTS, Robot Kingdom or TfSource. Most of these stores have good customer service in terms of TFs, especially BBTS, who are usually glad to help any mixups that may occur.

Hope I helped and welcome to the forum.