View Poll Results: Worth Buying?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd probably even get two of him just to have clones of the clones

3 27.27%
  • Only if... (his layabout brother ever turns up)

2 18.18%
  • Still undecided on the ethical implications of cloning

3 27.27%
  • No, Science has gone too far

3 27.27%
  • Clones? I don't even want one of him (not interested)

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Fastclash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Toy Review - Titans Return Fastclash

Fastclash
    Series – Titans Return
    Size/class - Legends
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - Chaos on Velocitron
    Released here – ???
    Approximate Retail Price - ???
    Approximate Size - 10cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Dragster
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Clone, Seating for Titan Master
    Main Colours – red, gray
    Main Accessories – N/A

Formerly known as Fastlane, this is the one new mould in the Chaos on Velocitron set. One of the two Autobot clones, he's about the height of a Legends class, if a little stockier. He's got a red feet and grey legs and a nice bright red torso and arms. A deco on his chest identifies him as a car, as opposed to his brother's plane. Ball joints in the shoulders, elbows and hips give him a good range of motion. Head, knees and ankles also allow for motion, if not as much as a ball joint. His kibble is kept to a bare minimum, with tires only just peaking above his shoulders and the spoiler behind his head.

His transformation is a little...simple. Fold the arms up, the toes down, the head around, and finish up by tabbing the legs together. In fairness this pretty much matches his G1 transformation. The result is a "Cybertronian Dragster" or something. It looks long, it looks fast, and it looks like it couldn't corner worth a damn, so I guess it must be a dragster then. The spoiler has a nice silver paint job with a red Autobot symbol and some racing strips, but apart from that he doesn't have much paint on him.

Unfortunately he doesn't come with any accessories. He does however have a little flip up seat on his chest under his car symbol that can accommodate a Titan Master. The overall effect is that of a throne, a throne with fantastic acceleration.

Overall, he's a neat little figure but suffers a little from the simplistic transformation , no guns , and a "because we say so" alt mode. It's a shame he didn't come with his brother as I think this would have really boosted the value of the Chaos on Velocitron set. It's interesting to note that the Chaos on Velocitron box features four symbols - speed, firepower, strength and intelligence. We know that one more box will be coming as a BBTS exclusive with one Decepticon clone. My guess is that there will be another two boxes like this, with the one of the remaining clones in each.

Last edited by ComradeRenko; 26th April 2017 at 10:29 PM.

Would it be possible to have more serious poll options please? Because I want to vote on "Only if cheap" but the option isn't there. This poll seems to be more about making jokes rather than gauging collectors' interests.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This poll seems to be more about making jokes rather than gauging collectors' interests.
    Guilty as charged. Will use a less jocular format in the future. If mods feel like changing this one and Rodimus Prime one, go for it.

FatalityPitt Guest

I voted undecided. I have no plans on buying the set, but if this guy was an individual release, I'd probably get him. I actually still have the original G1 version of him and his bro, except he's a little scratched up, and his spoiler accessory is missing. Aesthetically, he still looks very much like his G1 self, except this new version has more articulation. Character-wise, he's ok but not my absolute favorite.

Yeah, if he was a single carded figure, I'd be interested, otherwise no.

Alt mode looks hideous. Looks like it's missing half of it. (I know nothing about the character. Never heard of it). I think I could become that 'car' by laying in bed and performing a few fancy arm movements.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Alt mode looks hideous. Looks like it's missing half of it. (I know nothing about the character. Never heard of it).
    Agreed. It's 2017. Looks more Rescue Bots-esque.

I think I could become that 'car' by laying in bed and performing a few fancy arm movements.
    Had to read that twice.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Would it be possible to have more serious poll options please? Because I want to vote on "Only if cheap" but the option isn't there. This poll seems to be more about making jokes rather than gauging collectors' interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeRenko View Post
    Guilty as charged. Will use a less jocular format in the future. If mods feel like changing this one and Rodimus Prime one, go for it.
    Polls can be both, as long as you include with the humour, options that people can understand that allows for all options (yes, no, not interested, only if).

Alt mode looks hideous. Looks like it's missing half of it. (I know nothing about the character. Never heard of it). I think I could become that 'car' by laying in bed and performing a few fancy arm movements.
    G1 accuracy at work here Ladies and Gentlemen.. I must admit as stupid as that vehicle mode looks, if he came in 2-pac with his air dis-inclined brother, I would totally pick it up!

So, I voted Only if (he came with a brother and as a result was cheaper)