View Poll Results: Legends Slugslinger - worth getting?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • He comes with a Targetmaster? Hells yeah!

3 75.00%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if you don't own the Hasbro version

1 25.00%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Two cockpits yet zero quality - this sucks!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - LG55 Slugslinger with Caliburst

Default Toy Review - LG55 Slugslinger with Caliburst

SLUGSLINGER with Caliburst
    Series – Legends
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Recoloue of TF Slugslinger
    Released here – never - Japan Only
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Dual-Cockpit Cybertron Fighter Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Headmaster AND Targetmaster
    Main Colours – blue, whitish grey
    Main Accessories – 'Caliburst' Targetmaster, 'Headmaster' er... Headmaster

Robot Mode

As can be expected with most Takara Tomy versions of Hasbro figures, Slugslinger comes with a rich vibrant painjob that looks fantastic. They really have done a marvellous job of making Slugslinger very G1 comic/cartoon accurate, right down to the shape of the legs, the chest adornments and the dual cockpits sticking up over his shoulders. The Headmaster figure looks great with a smooth rounded forehead, setting it apart from most ‘blockheads’.

Cybertronian Dual-Cockpit Fighter Jet Mode

As Sluslinger transformers into dual-cockpit jet he does not even try to conform to earth standards. Once again, a great job of replicating (and dare I say improving) on the original toy design and concept. His Headmaster fits snugly and easily into the cockpit (a bit odd he already had two and they had to put in a 3rd) and Caliburst can be put under either wing. However I find that makes the alt-mode look off balance so I tend to place him on top of the jet like the G1 cartoon and toy.

Caliburst

Wow – this little guy really makes me wish I had shelled out the extra money to get the Tak/Tom versions of the other TR Targemaster characters. Well proportioned, nicely coloured and lots of detail in the little face – very good!
    It’s a cool looking gun and is well scaled to Slugslinger in robot mode. However I would say that with the flats of the robots feet joining up at the front makes the gun look like it would be a major airflow impediment when attached to Slugslingers jet mode, creating a lot of drag.

Overall

Slugslinger is fantastic and as stated, really makes me wish I’d gone the Tak/Tom route with his compatriots. If you don’t have the Hasbro version go online and grab him – Caliburst makes it well worth the few extra bucks.

For a more detailed review of LG55 Slugslinger with LOTS of pics, check out my Blog here!

I ordered mine back in July last year and only got the shipping notice today. Not into Takara versions but bought this as I was suspecting the Hasbro version not to arrive in Oz because it was the last wave......I was wrong..oh well.
    For the premium price I paid, it better be good.