Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Cyberverse toyline officially revealed

Default Transformers Cyberverse toyline officially revealed

As a taste of what Hasbro look to be revealing at New York Toyfair this weekend, they have officially revealed some of the first Cyberverse toys - the toyline that will be the new cartoon and replacement of RID.
    It is noted that these toys will be released in the Fall (which is Spring for us here).

CG images of the following toys are shown on plain background, and on blue.

Scout class: Bumblebee, Grimlock, Megatron, Starscream
    (US$8)

Warrior class: Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Shockwave, Starscream
    (US$15)

Ultra class: Bumblebee, Grimlock, Starscream
    (US$20)

Ultimate class: Optimus Prime, Megatron
    (US$30)

From the original gizmodo news article...

“Premiering later this year in an 18-episode run, Transformers Cyberverse follows Bumblebee as he tries to fix his damaged memory chips and remember what his mission, and purpose, on Earth is. Each 11-minute episode will focus more on character development and Transformers mythology and will feature bot designs very reminiscent of the original G1 line.
    That’s being carried through to its accompanying toyline as well. In robot mode, the Transformers Cyberverse figures will bring back warm memories of the characters from the original animated series, even if the vehicle modes now feature radically different designs. Meanwhile, a new action feature called Action Attacker adds a bit of life to each toy.”
    Note - they all appear to have some sort of play gimmick, and as such, there looks to be a fair bit of kibble or backpack to most of them to accommodate it.
    Last edited by griffin; 17th February 2018 at 12:27 PM.

I'm liking the Grimlock, definitely keen to see what his articulation is like. I wouldn't mind something similar to the RiD Warrior Grimlock at a larger scale with a bit more articulation.

Disappointing, especially the Ultras. Suddenly Universe Powerglide, a widely panned Ultra Class figure, looks really good.

This line looks like it's firmly targeted at the younger audience of fans. I might pick up some of the warrior class figures, but I expect that will be about it. Hopefully we see some gems like we did for the recent RID.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

My guess is that they are mostly the same type of toys as RiD but with new names.

Scout's are basically 1 step changers or maybe legion, though the price is more then legions were so I'm thinking 1 steps.
    Warrior is likely the same as the last lines Warriors which I'm happy about as the RiD warrior class figures are some great toys imo.
    Even if they have more steps, Ultra class look like they are related to the 3 steps/hyper change heroes judging by the US price and simplistic design of the renders.
    Ultimate class looks like they are the same as those large power surge figures just again with a few more steps and maybe some articulation.

So all in all a very kid focused line where more likely then not the only detailed figures will be the warriors, but that's fine.
    I'm interested in the Shockwave, he looks cool and has an interesting alt mode, like out of a video game.

There were some really good toys in RID despite the cost/design restrictions. With these though there's already so many other versions of all these characters, I don't really see the point. I accept this line isn't for me, but I'm not really sure who it is for.

What an awesome looking Shockwave!

Added to the first posting, the US pricing and some other info from the source article.

Each 11-minute episode will focus more on character development and Transformers mythology
    How can 11 minute (half-length) episodes have more character development and mythology, especially with only 18 episodes for this first season in 2018 (which equals just 9 regular episodes), and if you want a story included in each episode as well (not to mention the amount of time you need to introduce each of the new characters on the show).
    It's probably going to have to be like the Prime Wars cartoon, and be just one continuous episode just to get a decent story out of it.

I completely agree, this sounds like the wrong path to go down.

are they worried that kids don't have 22 minutes of attention span?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Aren't many kids shows like this these days? I know Adventure Time is (or was) 11 segments and those had heaps of character and world building. I think some other shows are similar but I don't watch many.