Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ToysRUS (USA) now shipping internationally

Is it possible to see a shipping estimate before making an order?

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nyerk View Post
    Is it possible to see a shipping estimate before making an order?
    Yes. It shows you the total of your order (incl. postage) before the payment and order confirmation page.

Prime won't ship here...

I too am awaiting a shipping notice. I ordered on back on Friday I've heard that for U.S. customers they are really prompt with the shipping. I've never ordered from them before so I have no idea what the shipping turn around is.

Be forewarned TRU.com, you are being judged lol.

The extra time taken is because it isn't TRU doing the orders - it is a third party they signed on to take the orders and then process them on their behalf.... which is probably why things go out of stock between the time you place the order and when the 3rd party gets around to processing it.

Delays may also be due to superstorm Sandy if they're being shipped from the east coast.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Well at least a message explaining that much would be good customer service. As it is, i still haven't heard a single thing about the order.

So has anyone had any response from TRU?

Really thinking about using it for some lego and tf figures but won't bother if it seems the service is inoperable.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I finally got an email to say that they can't cancel the out-of-stock item, or the order, so now I just have to wait until.... not sure what really. TRU is not likely to get in more Dreadwings, so either the order will sit there forever unfulfilled, or some time down the track someone is going to decide to just cancel the entire order. Because I doubt that they set aside the rest of the items I ordered. My thinking is that this third-party will only initiate the shipment (forward the order to ToysRUs) when all items are in stock. Something that won't happen now with mine, now that two more items are now no longer in stock.

In theory, this third-party option is a good idea, as it takes advantage of the massive price difference in non-American countries, but until they work out the bugs (like if part of the order goes out of stock between placing the order with the 3rd party and the 3rd party placing the order with TRU), be hopeful, but expect issues at this time.

I hope other peoples' orders go more smoothly, so that I and others will take the risk in future.

Just had a look at my bank statement online, and the order was paid (within a few days of me placing the order almost 2 weeks ago now).
    At least if they hadn't charged my card, I wouldn't be so worried about if/when they end up processing or cancelling my order.
    (and what to do if I find those items in the next few weeks, or in Singapore)