Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reprolabels Reproduction Stickers

Which is why Im soooo glad that the eucalyptus oil technique works like a charm. Just a dab to soak the stickies a bit and it comes off after a few minutes. Leaves no residue although leaves your Tfs eucalyptusy smelling LOL, it's not so strong kinda fresh actually.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Which is why Im soooo glad that the eucalyptus oil technique works like a charm. Just a dab to soak the stickies a bit and it comes off after a few minutes. Leaves no residue although leaves your Tfs eucalyptusy smelling LOL, it's not so strong kinda fresh actually.
    You infuse the Mossman gimmick on all your toys!

*snip*
    Top bloody work Liege; Excellent results and photos mate, thank you very much for sharing these with us - I really should stop making excuses and acquire some more ReproLabels for my own figures.

i got some more reprolables and here is what i have so far.

Rager

More pics for Rager Here

Generations Kup

More pics for Kup Here
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Default Buying G1 toys with Repro labels attached

Reading through this thread, it seems a lot of collectors (myself included) are turning to reprolabels or similar to enhance, bring new life and\or improve a purchased transformer toy that is missing or has damaged stickers\labels. This is a win win for all involved no doubt...but my question is this:

Would you be detracted from purchasing a G1 transformer that has had repro labels already attached?

Here's an example of what I'm asking with more questions...

Lets say we had two G1 toys of the same character/era up for sale with similar condition to chrome plastic rubber etc. One has original but worn or crooked stickers, the other has had most or all of the original stickers replaced with repro stickers...

Which would you buy if they were similarly priced?

Do you guys think a toy with repro stickers is as valuable as a toy with no stickers or damaged stickers or would you say a toy that has repro stickers is now more valuable than the later?

Thanks in advance guys...I'd be interested to hear your comments.

Id go for the once with better stickers, it's the same toy, yes. BUt, if the other had better stickies already applied ... then that takes a load of work of me so Id go for that . See, even if I ended up with the other one with the dilapidated stickers, I'm going to purchase reprolabels for it one day anyhow, so in the end it's cheaper to get one with stickies applied already - less work for me applying it and less spending buying the stickers, less wait to .

Value nowadays is so dependent on who's the target market. Although there are figures which are indeed going to stay up due to rarity and all that but it's subjective and depends on how much a person is willing to pay to get the item. IMO though a 1984 figure, be it with repro stickers is just as valuable as a naked one. Of course sellers usually add a bit more to the price to recoup their purchase of the stickers. but between a naked toy and a reproed one, Id go for the reproed - for reasons stated above. Of course if the repro stickies were applied wrongly ( id be cursing the one who applied them wrongly but not so loud coz I'd have to redo them)
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

For me, I wont mind if a figure has had reprolabels applied so long as I can get a guaranteed assurance that the figure itself isn't a fake; If I were to sell a figure that had Reprolabels applied, you can damn well bet that I'd disclose such a detail.

Pretty much what liege and Hursti said. Resale value is neither here nor there for me as I don't plan on selling any of my collection.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Yep, I agree with Liege, Hursti and 5FDP.

As long as I am sure the figure is legit, the state of the stickers is not an issue. I can just replace them with Repro stickers later if i choose. Lately I haven't, but I will soon do a big order of stickers.

Id go for the once with better stickers, it's the same toy, yes. BUt, if the other had better stickies already applied ... then that takes a load of work of me so Id go for that . See, even if I ended up with the other one with the dilapidated stickers, I'm going to purchase reprolabels for it one day anyhow, so in the end it's cheaper to get one with stickies applied already - less work for me applying it and less spending buying the stickers, less wait to .
    I can definitely see how having them already applied for you could add more appeal especially if you would of done it yourself anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    For me, I wont mind if a figure has had reprolabels applied so long as I can get a guaranteed assurance that the figure itself isn't a fake; If I were to sell a figure that had Reprolabels applied, you can damn well bet that I'd disclose such a detail.
    Thanks for your response...I know I'd like to know if it had original or repro stickers before I committed to the buy...and unless you have the toy in your hand sometimes it can be hard to tell from photos. Honesty from the seller is very important

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Pretty much what liege and Hursti said. Resale value is neither here nor there for me as I don't plan on selling any of my collection.
    Yeah I wouldn't sell my bots that I had invested money and time to get repro stickers for either unless i got an upgraded toy with original stickers...then I'd want to offload my repro labeled double. So I'm wondering if you would buy a transformer with repro labels? Assuming you were in the market for that particular character...

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Yep, I agree with Liege, Hursti and 5FDP.

As long as I am sure the figure is legit, the state of the stickers is not an issue. I can just replace them with Repro stickers later if i choose. Lately I haven't, but I will soon do a big order of stickers.
    Cool..thanks for the reply