Thread: Prototype comparisons for G1 Gnaw

Default Prototype comparisons for G1 Gnaw

Found this news article over on TFW2005.

very interesting, the link to Spacebridges facebook page has even more pictures.

It's intersting to see thicker materials, thinner materials and complete change in the design of the legs between prototype and production.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

It is an insightful gallery of pics, for sure!

I actually kind of liked the prototype's proportions a little better, at least the greater gap between its legs looks a whole lot more aesthetically pleasing than what the final resulted with, in my opinion anyway.
    I especially prefer the prototype's head crest too, but I can see why they had to modify it taking into consideration how the head resides behind the upper jaw/teeth of the Beast mode - Still, spikier head crest FTW!

I always thought the production models legs were a bit spindly, probably a requirement of fitting into the alt mode though.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I always thought the production models legs were a bit spindly, probably a requirement of fitting into the alt mode though.
    Oh definitely, you can tell that a number of compromises were made at the time to accommodate the transformation gimmick - I'd love to see what the Takara Magicians could conjure if they were to tackle Gnaw with contemporary engineering techniques.