Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: JP MP and Encore updates

Default JP MP and Encore updates

Apparently in a recent JP magazine, there are some interesting bits of info about the future of Masterpiece and Encore.

• Masterpiece Prowl and Bluestreak are delayed due to retailer orders greatly exceeding what Takara-Tomy expected them to be, and them going back to manufacture more of each.
    • Masterpiece Smokescreen will be significantly different in design and will be announced soon.
    • Takara-Tomy are continuing to approach manufacturers who they do not have rights to use the vehicles of - you might get your VW Bumblebee or your Porsche Jazz yet folks!
    • There seems to be an announcement planned for the Tokyo Toy Show on 15-16 June. Masterpiece Smokescreen, or perhaps the rumored MP-20?
    • Encore Fortress Maximus sold beyond expectations, and it is hoped that reissues will continue on the back of this.
    • Masterpiece Tiger Track will be a Tokyo Toy Show exclusive and will include non-chromed versions of the Amazon exclusive piledrivers.

All good news and it solves the tiger track debate.

I'm excited for the Tokyo toy show announcement, fingers crossed its the next mp.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Great news on all counts. I'm especially happy about the Encore line continuing - here's hoping for more combiner teams and Decepticon baseformers.

Encore Overlord FTW!

Hooray! A cityformer sold well!! And the fact they are going back to run of more Prowl/Bluestreak shows that they are indeed taking notice of the popularity of the MP line. That should help in securing its future
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Great news about Fort Max selling well! Here's hoping it'll encourage TakTOM to reissue more big G1 figures. Lucky for us they reissued Fort Max while the AUD was super strong too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Encore Overlord FTW!
    +1

Bring on Encore Dinobots!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Interesting.
    It has been rumored that a "big item" new Masterpiece will be released in December, priced at 12000 yen.
    The picture seems to a be a wholesaler/dealer's spreadsheet, and the source is likely to be Hasbro HK.

What's confusing is this new MP is listed as MP19, which is supposed to be Smokescreen. If the price is reliable, it could be MP20 instead. But Hasui also mentioned in an interview we will be getting 2 bigs and 2 smalls this year(we got Soundwave and Prowl/Blue Streak so far). So it's also possible that this new figure is MP19 and Smokescreen is MP20?

Either way, my money's on Megatron..

Porsche Jazz, Corvette Tracks, Sunstreaker and the rest of the Dinobots. Make it so.

So cool...masterpiece news is always good news unless it for a delay .. I'm excited that smokescreen going to be different

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Bring on Encore Dinobots!
    Don't forget to tell TakaraTOMY!

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    So cool...masterpiece news is always good news unless it for a delay .. I'm excited that smokescreen going to be different
    Normally I say that I don't mind small delays because it lets me save up for the toys... but I've already paid for my MP Prowl and Bluestreak - so yeah... bring it! I'm also glad to hear that Smokescreen will be different. Hopefully they'll change the body kit, and I suspect that they'll modify the head to include the "cowl" (similar to what they did w/ BT).