Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: JP MP and Encore updates

Great Masterpiece news!

More Encore? Lame!!!

So the big announcement... im hearing 2 things.

#1 - MP announcment- Its Masterpiece Ultra Magnus. The MP10 was a new mould to handle an Ultra Magnus trailer. (they have made it, but unsure if they will announce it). Galvatron is also being looked at.
    Masterpiece has been exceptionally successful since MP-08 (Rodimus) and the cars are the first ones on the list. Expect more seekers, a sunstreaker (you remember they have the lamborgini licence now).
    I believe that they have made prototypes for at least 5-6 MPs but await licencing agreements with car companies.
    (Rumor is - Jazz, Mirage, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker...)

#2 - Encore - I have mentioned this before - Scorponok was one being looked at, same with Dinobots. Takara wanted to test the market to see how many people would by the most expensive toy out there - Fort Max. Its basically sold out everywhere here in HK, so they are completely surprised by it.

The G1 market is super hot and having 30+ year old men being able to easily spend $200US on these shows its worth keeping them around.

A MP Lancia Wheeljack and F1 Mirage would be awesome if it were to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post

#2 - Encore - I have mentioned this before - Scorponok was one being looked at, same with Dinobots. Takara wanted to test the market to see how many people would by the most expensive toy out there - Fort Max. Its basically sold out everywhere here in HK, so they are completely surprised by it.

The G1 market is super hot and having 30+ year old men being able to easily spend $200US on these shows its worth keeping them around.
    lol well the G1 secondary market is dead as a freakin dodo. Thats interesting that it could be scorpy - the G1 KO is already on its way, it would be a reasonable bet that KO's are using the same mold as the reissues. I'd personally think Star Sabre would be more likely from the rumblings late last year but you never know.

I can't afford all this.. time to practise my gigoloing.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

My mind is boggling at all the masterpiece news.

All I just read was spend, spend, spend $$$$$$$$

My account is loving these updates

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    lol well the G1 secondary market is dead as a freakin dodo. Thats interesting that it could be scorpy - the G1 KO is already on its way, it would be a reasonable bet that KO's are using the same mold as the reissues. I'd personally think Star Sabre would be more likely from the rumblings late last year but you never know.
    Amen on the lack of G1 goodness

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Megatron Guest

A possible MP Jazz, the coolest Autobot around?? Now that would complete my MP collection very nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    A MP Lancia Wheeljack and F1 Mirage would be awesome if it were to happen.
    +1

Also, don't confine yourself to Autobots Takara, I'd love to see some MP Decepticon cars like the Stunticons, even if they do not combine!