Page 69 of 120 FirstFirst ... 495964656667686970717273747989 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    TAV is a stretch, as only a few of the releases are classics verse moulds...
    It's a split line, some are CHUG figures some are RID figures. But I'm hoping that Skids being in LG means they are stopping putting CHUG figures in TAV tho. I'm over RID.

I would go for the most letters in the acronym as possible for comedic effect.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Platinum technically counts now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    What do all of those stand for now?

And can't believe it's been 10 years! Classics probably started my collecting off again when I found Classics starscream at Target.
    CHUGUR = Classics, Henkei, Universe, Generations, United, Reveal the Shield
    The "LUW" was put in because I made that image a while back because someone else jokingly said that with all the new names that Hasbro keeps giving to Classicsverse, it's going to end up sounding like "CHUGURLUW," which I responded with that pic saying that it sounds like someone vomiting. But since Classicsverse is so awesome, they'd be vomiting a rainbow.

CW didn't exist when I made that pic, although CW is technically a sub-branch of Generations.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    CHUGUR = Classics, Henkei, Universe, Generations, United, Reveal the Shield
    The "LUW" was put in because I made that image a while back because someone else jokingly said that with all the new names that Hasbro keeps giving to Classicsverse, it's going to end up sounding like "CHUGURLUW," which I responded with that pic saying that it sounds like someone vomiting. But since Classicsverse is so awesome, they'd be vomiting a rainbow.

CW didn't exist when I made that pic, although CW is technically a sub-branch of Generations.
    I think that was me, and I'd said the "LUW" for Takara's Legends and Unite Warriows, at the time lumping CW in as a Generations subline (like FOC and Thrilling 30 - the acronym could be stupid huge eventually)

Hence why I just call it "Classics-verse"
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    It's a split line, some are CHUG figures some are RID figures. But I'm hoping that Skids being in LG means they are stopping putting CHUG figures in TAV tho. I'm over RID.

I would go for the most letters in the acronym as possible for comedic effect.
    Would probably only qualify as an "A" based on the others' naming criteria - as Adventure.

Could work though

CHUGURFOCT30CWLUPWATR

CHUGURFOCT30CWLUPWATR? Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious, if you say it loud enough you'll always sound precocious!

All I can think of when I read it now is this:

Just made the link in my head that MP Bluestreak's HK coin is not Transformers related at all. It's an Nvidia stock cooler.

I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just made the link in my head that MP Bluestreak's HK coin is not Transformers related at all. It's an Nvidia stock cooler.
    Good spot! It has multiple uses now!!

Not strictly a never-realised-about-transformers moment but I recently shepherded my TRU MP(03) Starscream from Perth to Melbourne and started to re-appreciate the effort the designer put into the underside of the Jet mode. Its well sculpted and sleek in comparison to MP-11 and especially more recent Combiner Wars stuff (lookin at you Silverbolt!).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    CHUGURFOCT30CWLUPWATR? Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious, if you say it loud enough you'll always sound precocious!
    Let's just call it Classicsverse from now on, eh?