Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 7 to 12

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yeah I wondered that too because it's clearly not any 1984/84/86 Decepticon. To me the body shape looked liked Swindle (Armada Starscream's Minicon) but the colours were wrong

The TFwiki names him as Deluge from G2!!! which made me happy to see an existing obscure character used instead of a generic one.
    I can kind of see it now - they've taken a bit of licence with him, maybe that's his Cybertron mode? It's great if they've used Deluge though - I think it's hilarious that they've gone from using the most absolutely obvious Decepticons to using one that's relatively obscure and confusing (I think Deluge is the one who has the same toy as the Autobot Speedstream and has the same name as an Autobot who has the same mould as the Autobot form of Drench. Or something. I guess they needed a Decepticon mad scientist and Mixmaster was otherwise occupied. I wonder if McCarthy was taking the piss by using Deluge, since factions of the fandom [including me] had been vocal about the boring 84-85 lineup of Decepticons?) Although sadly it looks like the Autobots could have already killed Deluge and Dirge (unless the Decepticons got away.)

Perhaps it was part of the 'tie-in' flashback to Furman's world littered with many TF characters beyond the first three years of G1. T'was interesting to see Viewfinder there too - I guess that incident must've happened before the events of Spotlight: Wheelie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Is there a reason why Devastator doesn't have his chestplate?
    They redesigned him so he didn't have any parts coming from nowhere to complete the combined form.
    I like it much better then having all these random parts needed to combined

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    T'was interesting to see Viewfinder there too - I guess that incident must've happened before the events of Spotlight: Wheelie.
    I think it was said before AHM started that Wheelie's spotlight was set way in the future
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    They redesigned him so he didn't have any parts coming from nowhere to complete the combined form.
    Which would mean he'd also have no head, forearms, hands and his body couldn't be attached to his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Which would mean he'd also have no head, forearms, hands and his body couldn't be attached to his legs.
    They found ways around that

And, with the exception of the head, I think he looks better for it
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

7 was an improvement.
    But then again almost anything would be an improvement.

Art was fantastic, every page was marvellously crafted, it is a shame such a talented artist is working on a book that is so badly written and paced.

I'm thinking that the Bombshell scenes happened in the past considering we saw Insecticons in the first issue flying around, and I doubt that it was drones fighting with Thundercracker and Skywarp in the last issue. There is no indication that this is the case, so the Bombshell part may be taking place in the here and now.

Much of this issue felt forced, like McCarthy was made to make changes to his script to half arsed-ly tie AHM into the Furmanverse a little better.. it's still a half arsed fusion. Fair enough to leave the Sunstreaker plot point vague, it's something that should be looked at in Max Dino's.

But (spoilers):
    Prime having the Matrix, then really taking damage from an unexplained (and to me rather confusing) incident with the Spacebridge were very fustrating. It was very dues ex machina.

So it has taken 7 issues (the previous six could be condensed into one) to setup for the final five. If this was issue 1 or 2 the series would have been much better for it.

Over the next five issues I fully expect:
    Prime to be repaired and returned, inspiring the Autobots to rally for a "final assault" on the Decepticons. Prime also forgives the traitor, and Ironhide for mauling Mirage.
    Meanwhile Starscream has hatched another plan to overthrow Megatron, and the infighting between the Decepticons is taking hold as the Autobots attack, and the Decepticons are forced to flee, the Autobots saving the day and the USA from being nuked.
    Cue corny joke and all the Autobots laughing at it in the final panel.

It's a 12 issue comic nod to the G1 cartoon series.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

one of the main things i dont get about this is that they made all this fuss about the humans, and in the last 2 issues theyve dissapeared almost completely. after spike was almost killed, i expected that they would continue that part of it through, showing his mission.. it seems like a decent amount of time has passed since that happened, but it could also have been 5 minutes, its quite unclear

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I'm thinking that the Bombshell scenes happened in the past considering we saw Insecticons in the first issue flying around, and I doubt that it was drones fighting with Thundercracker and Skywarp in the last issue. There is no indication that this is the case, so the Bombshell part may be taking place in the here and now.
    I thought there was an "earlier" type caption on the flashback to the Insecticon's creation. The seekers in the previous issue mentioned something about three out of the swarm... I forget the exact reference. Anyway yes it's a flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    It's a 12 issue comic nod to the G1 cartoon series.
    A comic that's a tribute to the G1 cartoon in the 25 anniversary year is not in itself a bad thing though from a marketing/sales point of view.

The actual execution of the tribute is where things have gone awry.

I hope the following highly predictable things don't happen:
    1/ The traitor turns out to be a slave of Bombshell via the use of a cerebro shell. If so, perhaps they could make the shell some kind of malicious program inserted into the Transformer's core consciousness, like the Predacon Shell Program in Beast Wars (meaning that attempting to tamper with the program can result in death for the victim) - that would be neat instead of the old "Yoink it's out" solution.
    2/ The traitor is Mirage.