Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 213136373839404142434445465161 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign first-release TOY sightings

Last week in Hong Kong were the RID converting Titans (Optimus & Bumblebee) which had only been previously seen at the Australian Toyfair.
    The Electronic Titans (Optimus & Bumblebee) were also out over there, but I'm not sure how long they've been out for. (I haven't seen them noted or stocked anywhere else yet, so probably are new-ish)

Plus most of the third wave RID toys - Warriors Jazz & Sideswipe, Legion Fixit & Underbite, and 1-step Thunderhoof, Fracture & Drift.

While over in America this week, the third wave of Generations toys have been showing up at Retail and BBTS - so far the Legends and Deluxe sizes, and Thundercracker at BBTS.

Thought I'd share what I found in Toys R Us (Causeway Bay, Hong Kong) today for anyone curious...

RID Legion Underbite and Fixit

Japanese Transformers on the Toys R Us shelf... (not new per say as I know Griffin picked all(?) of these up from other sources here but new to TRU HK).
    All prices are in HK dollars.

Argg.... missed the RID Legions by a week. (stuff comes out there so often, I would have "just" missed something)

I don't get it with the Adventure toys showing up at TRU. None of the four TRU stores I visited in HK had ANYTHING from TakaraTomy (except 2 year old Microns at their biggest store).... and just after I visit they start stocking again.
    That's so not fair. If they'd been stocking JP toys all along the last 18 months since I was last there, they probably would have had some that I would have wanted... but by having a hiatus for so long, there was nothing left on shelves from Japan.
    Grrrr....

(even though their prices for those three Adventure toys are more than the places that had them at Wan Chai... but it would still be a good back up for older JP toys if they didn't stop stocking them for so long)

Sorry.
    I have to say I was surprised to see them on the shelf myself.
    My son brought Underbite. He's a sucker for the legion sized stuff. The one GOOD thing about this new line is that the Decepticons are proving popular purchases in my household to balance things out so the Autobots have more bad guys to battle against.
    The interesting thing about the TAV's is that TRU ONLY had the trucks - Nemesis, Optimus and Magnus... none of the other TAV's at all... everything else was Hasbro. I don't understand why they do this. The randomness of the Japanese stuff on/not on the shelves is simply odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Sorry.
    What for?
    It's not your fault they came out after I left. I was just noting that no matter when I left, there would be SOMETHING released soon after that I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Thought I'd share what I found in Toys R Us (Causeway Bay, Hong Kong) today for anyone curious...

RID Legion Underbite and Fixit
    Front-paged by Seibertron.

...and they even credited the source.

Wonders will never cease... Who do I send the bill to at Seibertron? *chokes on laughter* I AM joking btw...

They're one of the sites I don't frequent...

The Super sized Bumblebee has already been found in America, for US$50... which goes with my prediction of it being about AU$100 if it comes here.

Also found in America at discount stores, are more old Kreo sets in repacked boxes... which is weird, as Kreo is winding down, but Hasbro is re-releasing old sets to cheap stores like you'd find other cheap no-name generic/imitation toys.
    Earlier in the year there were a couple of the first series sets in red boxes (Prowl or Jazz and Ratchet), and now these two are from the second series (black Bumblebee and Wheeljack/Knockout).
    I guess it squeezes a little more money out of their Transformers sets before the whole concept is abandoned completely.

For those interested these one-steps were on the shelves here in Hong Kong today...

Most stores had at least one Sideswipe. Bumblebee was only in one store.

Did you buy them, or are those photos taken at the store?