Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MP45 Bumblebee 2.0 (cartoon version)

bowspearer Guest

Am I alone in thinking that overall, the V1.0 was better - even with the slight clown shoes?

It’s not perfect but I think it’s a big improvement over MP-21.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    It’s not perfect but I think it’s a big improvement over MP-21.
    I completely disagree. The only viewing angle where this thing looks right, is front on. The heel machetes (calling them heel spurs is like calling Mt Kosciusko a large hill) on the back of the feet are way worse than the clown shoes on V1.0 and while the chest may be slightly smaller (the other chest, though not as flat as cartoon accurate, wasn't bad), the backpack on this is twice as horrendous.

To draw on an example which I know is a "you need some perspective if you're comparing a person's life to a toy" situation, but which illustrates the problem perfectly, the design choices strike me as being akin to replacing a dodgy kidney in a person while amputating one of their arms.

Yeah, the backpack on MP45 is a mess, compared to MP21. The poseability is a plus and the colour is spot-on.

These sorts of announcements are bittersweet because we get great looking figures with cartoon accuracy, yet we wonder what to do with the V1.0 figures that have beem sitting in our collection. And let’s not even start on the rumoured price...

TT have shown they’re not holding back on redesigning their figures. Seekers 3.0 is not a question of if but when.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

After seeing the price. I am done with MPs. Exit out of this line. It was great, urm wait not so great.

I can clearly see why TT decided not to release hound now.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I think he looks great. Love the head sculpt.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Yeah, the backpack on MP45 is a mess, compared to MP21. The poseability is a plus and the colour is spot-on.
    It's not just the backpack though. Can anyone honestly tell me that when you compare the clown shoes on V1.0 which are at least in proportion, with the back to front diving flippers on V2.0, that the update's feet are in any way, shape or form an improvement, the moment you look at them from any angle other than squarely front on and with the figure standing straight up and square?

Looks good from the front. Backpack looks like panels of a car just collapsed and smooshed together with massive gaps everywhere and those feet...wow umm just terrible! Kibble-tastic "Masterpiece"!

“Screen accurate”? Show me a screen shot of any episode with those feet and backpack!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Oh man, this thing sucks. I'm not even going to try and be diplomatic.