Released here – September 2017
    RRP - $29
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Sports car
    Main Features/Gimmicks – N/A
    Main Colours – blue, grey, black
    Main Accessories – x2 guns

Does anyone else miss the good ol' days when Transformers were packaged in alt mode?

ROBOT MODE

Just not a fan of the design-aesthetic of this robot, although it's not this toy's fault, so let's look past that. This toy is quite visually striking. The blue plastic used is a metallic blue which looks nice. It is also well accented by grey, black and silver highlights. This toy is a a repaint of Bisk except for the head which is new. The antennae are made of soft rubbery plastic. The face has a good level of detail in the paint, with teeth lines painted on as well as eyeballs. It's nice to have a Decepticon who doesn't follow the stereotype of of red-eyed Decepticons.

The articulation on this toy is frankly disappointing by current day standards. The arms are incapable to swinging out to the sides and there is no waist articulation. The head is on a ball and socket joint but since it protrudes from the chest rather than sitting atop the shoulders, the head's range of motion is effectively limited.

One tip when transforming: ensure that the head is pushed all the way in. Otherwise it can be difficult to get some of the vehicle panels to align correctly and sit flush.

VEHICLE MODE

A really nice looking vehicle mode that looks like a sports car that was inspired by the Golden Age Batmobile. The metallic blue dominates this mode with red rims, black windows and grill, yellow headlights and red indicator (?) lights with silver backings. There are also silver stripes on the spoiler. The way that the wing mirrors stick out looks pretty neat too. The guns can be mounted on 5mm wide holes near the front wheels.

The split spoiler design seems impractical to me, but both Bisk and Thermidor's cartoon models show that their spoilers have a split on the rear edge, so again, technically not the toy's fault. There is a small flat blue Decepticon insignia shaped panel on the grill but there's no Decepticon insignia on it. I really wish that they would either stick a logo on it or just don't have the panel there at all.

OVERALL

It's a nice toy but not a great one. I paid $20 for mine and I don't think it's worth paying a dollar more - not while we have Titans Return Deluxes at $25. A few months ago I was in Japan and a few times I found TAV Bisk but never at $20 or less (it was typically around the $30 mark). So I passed on it, and now having Thermidor in hand I'm really glad that I skipped TAV Bisk at that price. Recommended only if you can get it cheap.

do you mind me asking which shop you picked it up in? I have tried to price match myer to big w at 2 different stores now and both refused.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    do you mind me asking which shop you picked it up in? I have tried to price match myer to big w at 2 different stores now and both refused.
    Target. Got them to price match Big W.

Cheers, I'll have to keep an eye out at my local
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I might try to snag one for my son since it's a pirate character

I'm really impressed by the alt mode on this one, while a little fiddly to line everything up the finished result is clean and tight. The design is also very attractive and in this colour it's very 80's Batmobilesque.

Furthermore the 'beast' based bot modes of the Decepticons from this toyline is lending itself to some very novel transformations. I'm also digging that they don't really skimp on the paint apps in this line and was pleasantly surprised to find the rear window painted. Perhaps this justifies the extra cost compared to similar sized figures in Titan's Return. Thermidor is a real pleasure!