Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Is it possible to split the Hasbro Bee chest or are you (understandably) too scared to try?
    I tried it with a small blade and one breast panel opened, but the other one barely budged a teeny bit... so I thought "bugger it"... just not worth the effort/grief for such a minor part of the transformation - you can still form the basic robot mode without it. And I don't want to be doing this every time I transform this toy to robot mode, especially in the middle of a toy play campaign... it'd interrupt the play something chronic.

Main reason I bought the Takara version was for the richer yellow paint job (I could be wrong but from pics the Hasbro version looks duller like Classics Sunstreaker is to the Henkei version).
    Didn't look too different to me. In fact, one Japanese TF fan who was with me at the last Osaka meet thought that he was looking at an imported Hasbro version, until I pointed out the Japanese text on the packaging. He was surprised that the toy looked so "Hasbro." But admittedly neither of us had a Hasbro Bumblebee on hand for a direct comparison.

How about that lightpiping on Bee though...Glorious, simply glorious!
    Well yeah, he does have those massive Sailor Moon eyes.

Indeed! Probs gonna go 100% Takara for this line. Would love to see some clearer shots of Starscream if you have the time mate.
    It will take some time for that to happen.
    I have a USA Starscream on the way and I want to see the differences in person before I open.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    It will take some time for that to happen.
    I have a USA Starscream on the way and I want to see the differences in person before I open.
    I don't want to hear excuses, I want to see results!

Another most magnificent acquisition for the MISB Elite Guard arrived today. Why can't every Transformer have this many paint apps?

Very fast first impressions:

Prime: Ridiculous level of detail in bot mode, the legs are blue NOT purple *phew*, so damn solid and sturdy, rubbish sword

Bulky: Shiiiiny, face sculpt better than expected, odd leg proportions, not as fun to play with as Cliff, Vehicon and Prime but not as lame as Bee, TFA Bulky remains king!
    Wow, Prime looks sweet. Loving those colours. Kinda makes me wish I got the Takara version instead of the Hasbro.
    I'll consider reselling my FE when he arrives and buying that one if I can find it.

In other news, both of these beauties arrived this week.

Cyclonus has, by far, the best alt mode I've seen in a long tie. So much detail and such a cool overall design. His left hip was slightly out of it's socket when he arrived and now moving that leg around causes it to work it's way out of the socket, which is a bummer. This is my second one though, so my good one will be preserved in storage and this one will be for making "shooom" noises and playing around when nobodies's looking
    Lugnut is awesome, Bot pics will come when I've finished his repairs.

My Takara BW Megatron vs Primal pack also arrived . I got it mostly for the megatron, but I was very interested to see that Primal has all his maroon parts moulded in sparkly translucent plastic.

I'm not sure how I feel about this... especially after the uproar that TFP Prime has clear plastic in his elbows. I hope the Takara Primal doesn't have the same disintegration issue as the Hasbro Megs.

And these!

I have no idea what they are. The seller threw them in with my takara set.
    Still tossing up if I'll open them.

So I'm feeling pretty stoked this weekend

Together at last!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Cyclonus has, by far, the best alt mode I've seen in a long tie.
    You're not bothered by the "openness" of the back?

So much detail and such a cool overall design. His left hip was slightly out of it's socket when he arrived and now moving that leg around causes it to work it's way out of the socket, which is a bummer.
    Refund/exchange it dude.

This is my second one though, so my good one will be preserved in storage and this one will be for making "shooom" noises and playing around when nobodies's looking
    Pfftt... so let them look. I make noises, voices, actions in public.

I'm not sure how I feel about this... especially after the uproar that TFP Prime has clear plastic in his elbows. I hope the Takara Primal doesn't have the same disintegration issue as the Hasbro Megs.
    You should be okay. The disintegration issue has only been reported to occur in Hasbro Megatron and not Takara; it seems that Takara used better quality plastic than Hasbro on their Metals Megatron. Also the deterioration occurs in the brown plastic, not the clear one. It seems to suffer from similar frailty as the gold plastic used in some G1, G2 and BW toys (e.g. Slog, Bristleback, Pyro, BW Grimlock etc.)

And these!

I have no idea what they are. The seller threw them in with my takara set.
    Still tossing up if I'll open them.
    Ah yes, I have two of those sets. (one opened, one sealed) -- yours is already of the box anyway, so you might as well open them. I don't even know if keeping the sealed in box makes them worth more (is there much demand for these cards?)... I just happened to have two sets (they were pretty cheap when they came out, and I 'em for free anyway ) so I opened one box and keep the other sealed. I'd open them if I were you though. Buy some nice collectible card-sleeves and a ring-binder folder for storage/display. (that's where I keep all my cards including JP tech spec cards) They give you some cool bits of info like certain characters' height, weight etc.

Wow, Prime looks sweet. Loving those colours. Kinda makes me wish I got the Takara version instead of the Hasbro.
    I'll consider reselling my FE when he arrives and buying that one if I can find it.
    The paint on all the Takara Prime FE toys is amazing, they've used really vibrant and rich colours that make the toys "pop" on the shelf. No Hasbro grey in sight!

In other news, both of these beauties arrived this week.

*snippeh*

Cyclonus has, by far, the best alt mode I've seen in a long tie. So much detail and such a cool overall design. His left hip was slightly out of it's socket when he arrived and now moving that leg around causes it to work it's way out of the socket, which is a bummer. This is my second one though, so my good one will be preserved in storage and this one will be for making "shooom" noises and playing around when nobodies's looking
    Lugnut is awesome, Bot pics will come when I've finished his repairs.
    Mmm, two of my all time favourites right there! I think that Cyclonus is the best out of all 3 paint variants, and the rub sign just looks perfect on this toy (mine is permanently glowing due to the heat here ). Great purchases there!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You're not bothered by the "openness" of the back?
    You mean where his feet don't seal together? Nah, it doesn't worry me. If I ever do notive it I imagine it's something like the Y-wing's in Star Wars, where the cowling has been removed or left off.

Wow, I haven't posted an acquisition in quite some time. More lack effort and time

But this is worthy of a post, I now am the proud owner of my holy grail lol

But pictures will follow tomorrow because I am too tired, and lazy to do em now

This is looking awesome...let me know when/if u want to sell ur Galvatron

Together at last!