Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Movie toyline - Studio Series

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As mentioned in the TRU exclusive Thundercracker news topic, the second wave of Japanese releases of the Studio Series toys, is slightly different to the Hasbro releases.
    The toys aren't going to be different, but the numbering is, due to Thundercracker taking up the number 9 spot for Hasbro, but is absent in the Japanese series.
    The second wave of Japanese figures will be released at the end of July.

Hasbro numbers
    01 - Bumblebee
    02 - Stinger
    03 - Crowbar
    04 - Ratchet
    05 - Optimus
    06 - Starscream
    07 - Grimlock
    08 - Blackout
    -
    09 - Thundercracker
    -
    10 - Jazz
    11 - Lockdown
    12 - Brawl
    13 - Megatron

TakaraTomy numbers
    01 - Bumblebee
    02 - Stinger
    03 - Crowbar
    04 - Ratchet
    05 - Optimus
    06 - Starscream
    07 - Grimlock
    08 - Blackout
    -
    09 - Jazz
    10 - Lockdown
    11 - Megatron
    12 - Brawl

The second wave of Japanese Studio Series toys (09 to 12) have a release date of July 28th.
    Last edited by griffin; 16th July 2018 at 04:27 PM.

The redeco Voyager SS Starscream, with ROTF tattoo deco, has been revealed by Hasbro through their instagram account.
    It's SS number and release dates will probably be revealed at SDCC later this week.

Disappointed there is no SS Long Haul. Out of all the Constructicons I thought he looked great in the movie. I reckon a Slug to go with Grimlock also would have been a goer.

Having a SS Soundwave that came with Frenzy, Ravage and Laserbeak would have been nice too.

As it is I’ve got Big Grim, Blackout, Stinger and Crowbar. Can’t say I’ve got much interest in the rest. Maybe Lockdown if I see him cheap.

It looks like the first Bumblebee Movie toy under the Studio Series banner to be revealed is not an actual toy... but looks like it could be a(nother) Bumblebee roleplay helmet.
    It notes that it has a blutooth element to it, so maybe it can connect to other devices, or even your phone (which would be cool, taking calls while wearing your helmet).

Looks like some of the Studio Series toys are being reissued in Japan, with Jazz, Lockdown and Brawl all being reissued in December (all originally released a week ago at the end of July).

Some packaging images (with watermarks) of the upcoming Deluxes, DOTM Ratchet, Shadow Raider and VW Bumblebee.

From some new ebay auctions in Asia, are some nice new images of SS-22 Dropkick and SS-23 KSI Sentry.

Also from ebay comes some clearer images of the recoloured Ratchet toy, with its DOTM colours.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/08/29/s...evealed-370778

DOTM Sideswipe (convertible), TF07/DOTM Barricade and TLK WW2 Bumblebee revealed, all in deluxe scale.

Sideswipe looks incredible. Barricade looks a bit meh - perhaps more accurate than the two previous deluxe scale efforts at this design, but it looks like it has a fake car chest hood. Bumblebee needs more paint.

I'm digging the accessories these guys come with.

I'm expecting TF07 Megatron and Bonecrusher to be revealed in voyager scale either at this show or in the near future. That would give us the whole of the 2007 robot cast in the Studio Series (Frenzy aside).

EDIT: I know that this is all offset by the fact that at the end of the day it is a Bumblebee figure, and kids love Bumblebee, but I do love the Studio Series line bringing us figures of models that got <30 seconds screen time.

Anyway, the following are rumoured and we might see them revealed over the weekend

- TF07 Bonecrusher (already seen in Walmart computers)
    - DOTM Dino (heavily rumoured and I believe very recently seen in Amazon Australia computers at the same time as the above Barricade, Bee and Sideswipe figures)
    - TF07 Megatron (a listing for another Voyager Megatron was spotted in store computers, and I'm guessing 2007 Movie for the above reasons).
    - ROTF Scrapmetal (bit of a left field one, recently popped up in the same Amazon Australia leak as the now confirmed Barricade, Bee and Sideswipe) (this guy was 'zee little one' who was cannibalised for parts for Megatron under the sea in ROTF).
    - DOTM Crankcase (ditto about the Amazon Australia thing).

The Amazon Australia leak also lists one further unnamed deluxe and two unnamed leaders. Would love to see DOTM Megatron as a Leader class figure. He'd be a bit like Studio Series Blackout - large long alt mode that compresses to short but thicc leader figure, so he can stay in scale with Prime.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.