Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: AusPost launching a US mail forwarding service

Okay, so I've experimented with this three times. After the 20% discount, two packages ended up at AU$39, and one was AU$34.24. Without the discount, benefits are negligible, but it's definitely worth it for items that don't ship to Australia.

Out of curiosity, Mr Shadow, did you purchase smallish items? I picked up three WWE figures from the same store & got slugged with a $60 shipping fee before their promotional discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Out of curiosity, Mr Shadow, did you purchase smallish items? I picked up three WWE figures from the same store & got slugged with a $60 shipping fee before their promotional discount.
    Hmm... the two $39 packages were:

1. Two carded figures.
    2. One boxed figure.

Once they get to this end, I'll see how they were packed, but I'm guessing they weren't put in greatly oversized boxes, avoiding the cubic weight issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Who's that?
    The service is called shipito.com. I find them quite handy with consolidation.
    For five dollar service charge they ripped all the packaging and backer cards off an order to get it under weight for me.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Cheers, Reilly, i'll check them out too

Weighs 1kg, get charged for 3kg... Say hello to Shopmate.

All they did was use Kmart's shipping carton and attached my Australian address on the other side of the box.

Size comparison

There it is kids. That's what $60 from Shopmate without the additional savings of promo codes will get you. Use them them as an absolute last resort.

I am wondering who people are using these days to try and reduce the cost of US parcel delivery?

Thanks

I used Shop Mate once not too long ago. It was pretty expensive and they want a full detailed invoice of what you are buying and where from. I don't think I will use them again unless it is some kind of last resort.

I'm using Shipito, they're not too bad. It's free to have stuff stored there for 90 days, but to combine packages, gotta pay for premium service US$50 a year or 10 a month I think. If you buy alot, sure would be worth it.

The problem with Shipito is they now charge you gst on the item (customs declaration) AND shipping, which greatly inflates the price. If anyone knows of a service that doesn't enforce gst, I'd appreciate a headsup
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I remember ShopMate.
    Never again.
    *shudder*