Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Display Protocols

Favourite Autobot and Decepticon figures. Repurposing all kinds a pseudo-G1 characters or specifically multiversal visitors, kind of like the IDW comics before it was call.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    it's 6mm safety glass, I think you'd be surprised how strong it is.
    True , but still

Galvatran Guest

I'd much rather see displays in dynamic poses. Or recreating scenes from cartoon/movie.

Thanks all. Lots of common ground there with a few interesting variations.

I have a relatively small collection but also limited space (living in a share house) so there are always some set aside in drawers (or boxes for the few big ones I have).

Both the newest and the oldest tend to get preference in being displayed. So, there's almost always a G1 shelf and a Generations shelf (currently also have a few live-action toys out). I keep them separate because of aesthetic differences, but a few toys seem compatible with different displays (Energon Arcee being a good example of this).

Some of you arrange toys in order by specific date of issue. I lack such dedication but try to let story (mostly the G1 cartoon) tell me who can co-exist with whom (so Megatron and Galvatron rarely if ever stand in the same display).

Leaders (by role not size class) tend to stand front-and-centre within factional groups. Larger robots tend to stand behind smaller ones. However, in alt-mode things that are supposed to be smaller tend to go in front of ones that are supposed to be bigger (like putting cars closer to the viewer than planes as a kind of try-hard forced perspective).

I like the idea of having more action scene displays but that would tend to take up more space. I've not done that since childhood, but recently I've been taking photos of choice toys in particular scenes, some of them silly. In one, POTP Outback is trying to wrestle TR Skullcruncher, coz Aussies do that with crocodiles, right?