Thread: Combiners Fan

Convoid is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Combiners Fan

Hello all,

I was a big fan of transformers when I was kid in the 90s but lost interest once I started high school. I started collecting again when I learnt they were releasing combiners. As a kid, combiners were my favourite but it was impossible to find all 5 to complete the bigger robot. I usually was only able to get one of the smaller robots that was one of the limbs (I don't think I ever saw one the robots that made the torso in any stores). I use to stare at the packaging a lot wishing I could get all 5. Now as an adult, I've been able to fulfil my childhood wish.

I started collecting late when the titans return figures were on the store shelves but have manage to get most of the combiners from ebay and online stores. I'd say my collection of combiner wars/unite warriors is 80% complete.

I also collect the titans returns vogagers as I really like triple changers. I'm not a big of a fan as most of you as I have no interest in watching the new cartoons and the movies (besides the first one) have been mostly bad. I'm excited that the power of the primes line will be combiners again so I'll continue collecting for at least 2 more years.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am surprised that Hasbro and takara did not do the train combiner or Predaking. I have to say is late and looks like they missed out when iron was hot.

Welcome, Convoid. Where you a fan in the early 90s when the gold box/gold card combiner European reissues were on shelves? I think TEN was showing reruns of the G1 animated series on TV at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Welcome, Convoid. Where you a fan in the early 90s when the gold box/gold card combiner European reissues were on shelves? I think TEN was showing reruns of the G1 animated series on TV at that time.
    I think the animated series you were referring to is the one with the computer animated opening of Optimus fighting Starscream. I was aware these were repeats at the time, so I was probably a fan before this period.

Welcome aboard the Board!
    big fan or small fan, there's plenty to hook your teeth into around here.
    Apart from the design repetition, which in most cases was pretty unavoidable, I loved the Combiner wars line. I too have a whole lot of them.

feel free to post up collection pics if you feel like sharing.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Welcome to the boards. Combiners rock, they are also my favourites in a tie with the G1 Season 1 and 2 cars. What would be your top 3 favourite combiners?

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Welcome to the boards. Combiners rock, they are also my favourites in a tie with the G1 Season 1 and 2 cars. What would be your top 3 favourite combiners?
    1. Bruticus (really happy Takara released a space shuttle Blast off).
    2. Devastator
    3. Defensor

I prefer the combiners where all the vehicles are very different from each other.
    Last edited by Convoid; 29th November 2017 at 06:50 AM.

When you speak of the difficulty you had as a kid trying to find all the combiners it has me thinking of my frustration back then as to how expensive it was to get all the components. My cousins and I could only assemble Monstructor if each of us bought two monstructicons each. Thankfully we succeeded and thankfully we are now living in a wonderful (if not golden) age of combiners and triple changers. Welcome aboard.