Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ToysRUs Transformers at 40% off (at most stores)

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by speros View Post
    It was only $225. They said all the themed ones like transformers star wars or marvel are $300 then whatever discount they minus off that price.
    Thanks mate.

Popped into my local TRU after work today. The Marvel banner I wanted was sold earlier today. But I got the other Marvel banner. $150 less 25% off. Sweeeet.

EDIT: I nearly took home the MLP banner... for my niece. Nearly...

Lego banners had the 'Not for sale' sign. Looks as though Lego doesn't want their displays in other people's hands.
    Last edited by Galvatran; 20th July 2018 at 09:41 PM.

Galvatran Guest

I bought the same banner but says Transformers underneath from the Casula store! They said I have to wait for it to be released to pick it up though but well worth the wait.
    Strange. The TRU staff took the banner down & it went home with me.

It was only $225. They said all the themed ones like transformers star wars or marvel are $300 then whatever discount they minus off that price.

All the card board ones are around $25.
    I only paid $150 for mine (discount wasn't allowed to be applied as the money was going to the liquidators directly as opposed to being included in stock sales and had to be processed differently) and got a second panel (no Transformers on it but part of the display). The minute I said I would take it they took it down for me and gave me the whole thing poles and all! Only thing people couldn't take were the shelving that was still in use pretty much!

Interesting that different stores are charging differently...

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I only paid $150 for mine (discount wasn't allowed to be applied as the money was going to the liquidators directly as opposed to being included in stock sales and had to be processed differently) and got a second panel (no Transformers on it but part of the display). The minute I said I would take it they took it down for me and gave me the whole thing poles and all! Only thing people couldn't take were the shelving that was still in use pretty much!

Interesting that different stores are charging differently...

Interesting I'll be calling them tomorrow and asking if I can pick it up since you guys managed to get yours. I guess different stores have different debt amounts to pay.

Some are giving the cards stuff away for free. I got a thomas the tank display card for my son for free.
    I was told that each line of toys comes with a promotional
    Display kit and alot of staff take them home at the time and its not just TRU its kmart target etc.

Galvatran Guest

TRU Werribee - Was told by a staffer the whole fixture & fittings of the store were spoken for by another company (Minus the Movie Prime statue which will be returned). So none for sale.

Shame, there were some nice Marvel banner & massive display boards.

TRU Parramatta and Penrith in NSW are still only doing 30% off action figures.
    As for banners, well I didn't personally go to Penrith so couldnt say but I did go to Parramatta and only saw generic TRU banners, nothing Transformers, Marvel etc related.

TRU Castle Hill still at 30%

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    TRU Castle Hill still at 30%
    Sounds like that store will be around for a little while more.

TRU Werribee (VIC) is 40% off toys, though nothing to show for it.

(400th post. Woot woot)

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    TRU Werribee (VIC) is 40% off toys, though nothing to show for it.
    Thanks for saving me the trip

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    (400th post. Woot woot)
    Slowly creeping up
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Toys R Us Highpoint is pretty cleaned out too. (Action figures are 30% off)
    Well, except for TLK Hound
    They have LOTS of TLK Hound...

Haven’t been able to track down a Studio Series Thundercracker yet. Hopefully I managed to snag one