Thread: Beast Wars Microverse Orcanoch concept artwork for sale

Default Beast Wars Microverse Orcanoch concept artwork for sale

Over on Amazon, a business has some original concept artwork for one of the Beast Wars toys for sale... for US$220. (unfortunately now, if you are in Australia and wanted to buy it, you won't be able to ship it directly to yourself)

The artwork is for the Microverse Orcanoch playset, which was one of two that Hasbro/Kenner produced to compete with Galoob's Micro Machines in the mid 1990s, before giving up and just buying out Galoob and absorbing it into Hasbro (they bought up a fair few smaller players during the 90s, like Kenner, Tonka and Wizards of the Coast).
    The item info and image are here at Seibertron, as it will disappear from Amazon when it eventually sells.

I have just always loved this idea of a Japanese whale transformer sliced like that. I’m not sure if Orca is eaten but it certainly makes me think of whale meat.

I imagine a Lion on its back with its ribs split into a red base, legs still aight in the air and its innards used as ramps.

Of course i find it totally reasonable that the set was ok’d for Japan and yet it trips my sensor. If it were clearly a robot whale this set would not fascinate me so much.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I would love to see a Generations Orcanoch toy made with an actual robot mode. It could be gang moulded to be later released as IDW Tidal Wave.