Page 320 of 467 FirstFirst ... 300310315316317318319320321322323324325330340 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

I went through New Order not too long ago and was pleasantly surprised. I don't know if I can be bothered going through again to find all the bonuses right now though.

Picked up Overwatch for PS4 yesterday. Haven't gotten to play it yet but from everything I've read it's meant to be fantastic.

Local game store Tsutaya in Japan is constantly restocking this 100Y/$1 bin with games!
    So far i've picked up:

• PS3 Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    • PS3 Lost Planet 3
    • PS3 Dead or Alive 5
    • PS3 Super Street Fighter 4
    • PS3 Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    • PS3 The King of Fighters XII
    • PS3 Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
    • Batman Arkham Asylum
    • PSVita Freedom Wars

It's old stuff to be sure (and half of them i just bought for the sake of having other versions of shit i already have... lol), but damn, at 100Y each, what a steal.
    They've got me going back every day to see if something new is in there!
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 9th June 2016 at 01:31 PM.

Was looking for a cheap Ps3 game, just for giggles and picked up the new Strider game on a whim (well, slightly... I do love the first Strider) and damn I am loving it. Nice references to the earlier games, incredibly fast gameplay and wonderful platforming challenges. there are some funny bits though. In one section, I had to climb a wall with a moving saw on it, yet in the background, there was an unreachable flight of stairs that led exactly to where I wanted to go!

Having a blast. I really miss awesome side scrolling platformers.

Speaking of which, I also managed to find Rayman for my Saturn as well. That's an infuriating beast, but I haven't yet gotten to the point of frustration. Sure, it's hard, but you can always see the way through, you just have to practice. About my only complaint would be that sometimes the only way through is through memory.

I've never actually played the original Rayman, that too was on my list for Saturn one day. It looks like it'd be hard because it's so zoomed in?

A good(relatively speaking!) platformer along those lines from that era was Gex... at least i remember it being kinda funny with lots of pop-culture one-liners!

I'll tell you what i'd like to try though... Quake on Saturn! After watching this retro analysis by Digital Foundry
    Did you have that in your bunch of PAL games Tets, i can't recall.

The other week i did find Doom 64, and apart from making my eyes bleed after a few levels... it's very well designed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Great game, the expansion left me a little cold though. Hope DOOM 4 is as good.
    The ending for New Order left me cold lol. Yet to play the expansion yet. Doom, I can't play yet because my laptop is crap/just shat itself, and my wife's pc isn't good enough to run it lol

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Both New Order and New Blood are sitting on my Xbox One hard drive and I've never played them. My digital pile of shame is out of control, at least I've gotten through most of my physical pile of shame.
    I keep buying games from GOG when they are in discount, i have alot to play. And my laptop dead atm doesn't help

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I went through New Order not too long ago and was pleasantly surprised. I don't know if I can be bothered going through again to find all the bonuses right now though.
    It was great, I'm flying through it on the second attempt because of infinite ammo. Makes using the rockets and grenades alot of fun with explosions haha

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I've never actually played the original Rayman, that too was on my list for Saturn one day. It looks like it'd be hard because it's so zoomed in?

A good(relatively speaking!) platformer along those lines from that era was Gex... at least i remember it being kinda funny with lots of pop-culture one-liners!

I'll tell you what i'd like to try though... Quake on Saturn! After watching this retro analysis by Digital Foundry
    Did you have that in your bunch of PAL games Tets, i can't recall.

The other week i did find Doom 64, and apart from making my eyes bleed after a few levels... it's very well designed!
    The 2d Gex was Ok, I liked the game mechanics of him sticking to the walls and stuff. The one liners got a bit tiresome, iirc. Man that takes me back, I had that on the Ps1 ages ago. The 3d ones were ok and I found them rather interesting for the time, but I think they probably suffer the "early polygon platforming" issues if played now.

As for Quake, I did have it, and it was super impressive for the Saturn, but in a moment of um, something related to insanity, I sold it. Sad, I know. Rayman's big sprites and zoomed in look is OK as most of the time you can take the game at your own pace.

I was game hinting the other day and bumped into a game called Nanatsukaze no shima (7 Winds Island's Story). While the back of the box doesn't look like much, its got some very impressive sprites and is incredibly charming. Also all Japanese, which is making life interesting. I do need the practice reading though, so that's a good thing. One of those chill games that while you play, you actually relax.
    The only other game that has had that effect on me would have to be Flower.

I dig Duke nukem, which appears to be the one Saturn game I've never seen in Japan. I wonder if it actually got released?

Was browsing through free games and i found a game called Warframe. 3 weeks later and i am loving it! Recommend it to anyone on a PC

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I know it's a long shot but does anyone here either have a contact they could ask or just straight up knows when the GTX 1080 is going on sale globally (as in preortder not the release date)? I really want one for my gaming PC and Oculus Rift but when I ask the big Aussie PC parts stores they tell me they don't know when I'll be able to order one. Since it is expected to be in short supply I really want to make my preorder as soon as it goes on sale.
    did you get one?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    did you get one?
    Still don't have one. I'm holding out for a good board partner card. I'm either going to get the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW because of EVGA's great customer service or the Asus GTX 1080 Strix OC because of it's ability to boost up to 2050mhz without an overclock. That said overclocking a video card is super easy so I'm sure I'll have the EVGA running over 2000mhz with little effort.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.