Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TakaraTomy Tomica Hyper Rescue/Blue Police

Yeah, they've been killing it recently. All sorts of transforming goodies.

White Hope and the new Rescue Helicopter have robot parts that you can mix and match:

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Like the car mode than the bot

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Yeah, they've been killing it recently. All sorts of transforming goodies.

White Hope and the new Rescue Helicopter have robot parts that you can mix and match:

I had a fiddle with this at the shops the other day. They're very chunky with solid connections and joints, but there's not a lot to them.

What i do want to pick up tho, is some of these things called Kamiwaza Wanda (カミワザ・ワンダ). They transform into card sized things (so they're a bit like TF cassettes) but they sell some kind of camera toy that reads or does something with them, haven't figured it out yet! What's cool is they can also transform into the same creature again, but with a different design. Apparently Kojin Ono who was a G1 designer is involved in making these! There's also a lot of other simpler toys in the line https://ishop.tbs.co.jp/special/tbs/...160617_to_shop

I remember Tomica stuff being flogged off for cheap at Dimmeys and Toyworlds a few years back here in Victoria however I think that was the Hypercity range (traditional cars, trains, buildings) and not so much robots and transforming vehicles. I wish that stuff would hit our locals!

These Tomica toys always give me a bit of a nostalgia boner as the design and aesthetics retain a lot of the creativity and gimmickry of toys in the 80's which is somewhat lost in the modern Takaratomy transformers designs which are optimised for lowering manufacturing cost (probably because the cost to design a true 'Transformer' which has heaps of parts, is already quite high).

Yes, there was a lot of Tomica Hypercity flogged off cheap at Toyworlds. I got one of each! Twas great!

Got White Hope toy this week from this series and it's awesome. Already ordered some add on bits that let you swap limbs like megazords etc.

I just ordered the two yellow mini vehicles today that also double as swappable limbs and a diff head.

Fyi best price for these is HLJ about half price other stores are selling for. I overpaid for white hope off eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Yes, there was a lot of Tomica Hypercity flogged off cheap at Toyworlds. I got one of each! Twas great!
    Haha I remember I grabbed a lot of that so my Cyberverse Transformers had a place to live.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Found they have a cheaply animated but kinda fun show on youtube
    Apparently there is a disease that makes the machines bad and White Hope has to inject any infected vehicles with his

Syringe gun.

Does the toy come with that??
    Um, look in the giant photo I posted above.

Character model on the show looks awesome.
    The shading looks similar to t: devastation