Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cmon guys its time to admit it...

Thanks Robzy! That was a great walk down memory lane.

I'd buy reissues too.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

No probs guys

Glad you like the pics!

I think I was a bit young for the toys but I remember my Dad recording episodes for me to watch. I loved it. A lot of the figures and their alt modes intrigue me, never enough though to pick any up.

That is a really neat collection Robzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo
    Anyone ever get gobots as b'day gifts because aunts and uncles thought they were 'the same thing' as TF's?
    They were also cheaper than Transformers. But Transformers were worth paying more for.

Here's my three Go Bots

The Snoop is the only Go Bot I have owned since new. I used to have a Turbo, the first "transformer" I ever got, but lost it over the years, and got another, plus Crasher, off eBay.

It is interesting that Snoop was never sold in the US, and gets good money over there compared to other Go Bots.

im not a fan but I somehow aquired a (not sure of name...) leopard gobot.

I kind of liked the Machine Men. Cartoon entertained me as a kid, but TFs won over coz they were eeer, bigger(?)

I quite like the old Rocklords/Machine men movie and even hired it on video a couple of years ago....

Was Machine Men the series that had the suites that you could put the vehicle mode robots into as a sort of gestalt-like mega robot? I always wanted one of them.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Was Machine Men the series that had the suites that you could put the vehicle mode robots into as a sort of gestalt-like mega robot? I always wanted one of them.

Yep. Gobot Power Suits

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    Thanks for those pics robzy.

Anyone ever get gobots as b'day gifts because aunts and uncles thought they were 'the same thing' as TF's?

If any of the originals were re-issued encore style I'd buy for sure.
    Yes, and i was pissed. My mom is the greatest but one christmas my mom (single parent) just didnt know the difference and i got 4 super go bots and only 1 transformer (Trailbreaker). The silly thing is she bought me 2 of Baron Von Joy?? WTF?? I give her heaps about it now

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    My mom is the greatest but one christmas my mom (single parent) just didnt know the difference and i got 4 super go bots and only 1 transformer (Trailbreaker). The silly thing is she bought me 2 of Baron Von Joy?? WTF??
    Your mum was just years ahead of her time. She was buying two Baron Von Joys - one to keep MISB, one to display loose.

Or maybe she was scalping.