Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIJoe 2 (Movie) pushed back 9 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Aaar, nuts. I was actually going to go see this one too.

Now, I guess I'll see it next year. Won't be going to the 3d version though. A few movies have made the transition from 2 to 3d ok, but more often than not they look rubbish.

I still remember wallking out of Pirates 4 and the first thing I said was "Why was that in 3d??" This'll be the same.
    3D never worked for me so I think this postponing is just pointless. I wear glasses and the combined effect of the two just doesn't seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

I wonder what they are going to do with all the already manufactured and some released toys?
    Held back until next year apparently. The stuff that has already been released will stay on shelves till it's gone.

I bought one movie figure on Ebay before this hooha started so will have at least one movie toy to review.

Overall I'm not to worried about the figures being delayed there are enough pricey items to get this year, not least of which is the SDCC exclusive figure.

Bah on the 3D though!

3D is a gimmick. I believe it will fade away eventually. Why it's taken so long I have no idea.

I fail to see how Hasbro think this will make them alot more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Held back until next year apparently. The stuff that has already been released will stay on shelves till it's gone.

I bought one movie figure on Ebay before this hooha started so will have at least one movie toy to review.

Overall I'm not to worried about the figures being delayed there are enough pricey items to get this year, not least of which is the SDCC exclusive figure.

Bah on the 3D though!
    From all the Mattel ranting about slow selling toys (less than 2 weeks) apparently storing them is very expensive and not cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    From all the Mattel ranting about slow selling toys (less than 2 weeks) apparently storing them is very expensive and not cost effective.
    You left out the part where Mattel condescends to us about not being grateful for the gift that is their product.

General consensus is this seems to pretty much signal GIJoes's death at retail.
    a few posts back it seemed like we aren't even getting the toys here.

More details on why this film was delayed:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/240...lays-g-i-joe-2

As suspected, it wasn't just about the '3D'.

3D works better when the film is actually shot with 3D cameras, rather than filming it with conventional cameras and then later post-converting it to 3D. As griffin said, the decision should have been made in pre-production, not in post-production.

That's why Michael Bay used long distance and wide angle shots with Dark of the Moon, because it had already been decided before shooting began that it would be done in 3D, whereas TF1 and ROTF had lots of really tight and close-up shots. Man... being outclassed by Michael Bay... ouch.

On tuesday night I went and saw MIBIII (which coincidentally was very good) but you can imagine my surprise when I saw a trailer for JI Joe at the start of it...

When it eventualy comes out I'll be preferenceing a 2D showing and Channing who?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Looks like it may have nothing to do with 3D and all to do with a disappointing plot (in case you slept through the first GI Joe, guess what we have in store!)

I'm hoping though that they continue with more toys, because some of them looked just awesome. They've got to replace the regular GI Joe line with something or risk losing collectors.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/...ngers-soldier/
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

(possible spoilers)

History is certainly repeating itself with the Duke character. The original 1987 Movie had the character killed off, but a late dubbing edit (after seeing the bad reaction of Optimus' death in the Transformers Movie, Hasbro didn't want the same to happen with GIJoe fans) had a redubbing of Doc saying that Duke was going to make it, instead of Duke was dead.

Now it is being alleged that the character in this movie may have been meeting the same fate (I don't know if it is true) and the extra scenes could be to have him survive by the end of the movie.
    It's like a cursed character.