Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Originals.. The pre-TF acquisition and collection thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    I have a couple of loose ones around but I can't justify the prices really. In 5 or so years when there are absolutly no buyers the scalers will realise they have just driven the prices too high and sell at bargain prices, we have started to see that with pre tf hound/jazz etc already really - Or maybe they will just sit on their stock forever!
    yeah, i was a bit late to the party with collecting these kind of things but i'm into the swing of it now.
    but i am noticing some big price gaps on the same item (which is good) i guess some people are out to try and make stupid amounts of profit and some are just happy making their money back.. (or a more reasonable profit)
    I mainly like the colour variations (not gonna pay massive money for the sake of a different box) most of these i got at pretty reasonable, over-inflated prices in fact i think it was just around what you'd expect to pay for the G1 release in it's box. (sometimes less, looking at pre Roadbuster and Whirl)
    If someone wants 4 or 5 or 6 hundred or more for certain ones, they can keep them

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    yeah, i was a bit late to the party with collecting these kind of things but i'm into the swing of it now.
    but i am noticing some big price gaps on the same item (which is good) i guess some people are out to try and make stupid amounts of profit and some are just happy making their money back.. (or a more reasonable profit)
    I mainly like the colour variations (not gonna pay massive money for the sake of a different box) most of these i got at pretty reasonable, over-inflated prices in fact i think it was just around what you'd expect to pay for the G1 release in it's box. (sometimes less, looking at pre Roadbuster and Whirl)
    If someone wants 4 or 5 or 6 hundred or more for certain ones, they can keep them
    Ha good to see my spelling errors were understandable. I got my sole beetra MIB for $50 this year and whirl mib for the same price last year. I wouldn't mind a roadbuster - I missed one that sold for just under $100 recently and I'm still kicking myself!

I wouldn't mind a silver skids hes quite neat also a red sunstreaker would be a nice addition...

Someone mentioned Pre-TFs? I've got a few...

Let me know if you want some more detailed pics. There's two more Pre-TF's I'd like to get my hands on - but I don't think I'll ever be able to find a Marlboro Wheeljack or an MC-11 44 Magnum for a good price... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Ha good to see my spelling errors were understandable. I got my sole beetra MIB for $50 this year and whirl mib for the same price last year. I wouldn't mind a roadbuster - I missed one that sold for just under $100 recently and I'm still kicking myself!

I wouldn't mind a silver skids hes quite neat also a red sunstreaker would be a nice addition...
    That is very cheap for Whirl and RB (bout half of what i paid for mine.)
    I see Red Sunstreaker pop up fairly often.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Black_Sheep View Post
    Someone mentioned Pre-TFs? I've got a few...

Let me know if you want some more detailed pics. There's two more Pre-TF's I'd like to get my hands on - but I don't think I'll ever be able to find a Marlboro Wheeljack or an MC-11 44 Magnum for a good price... :/
    Awesome stuff TBS!!!!. who are the 2 little guys under Browning? and Blitzwing's long lost brother has always intrigued me. I've never seen one in real life. All the trains too! .. Yep, this is what i want to concentrate on in 2013.
    I've recently bought Shackwave and pre-Blaster but it might be a while before I get them. If you had some close up pics of that triple-changers modes would be great.
    (And the 2 small guys under browning)

Beet-Gugal and Pre-Slag. hmmmm,, doesn't sound good

@Jetfire in the Sky. this one seems in really good condition too, like it's never been out of the box. It was a bit of a nightmare to get it out without damaging the box as the tabs and end-flaps kind of locked into each other..

thought it was interesting the horns came in their own little box??

Also, there are no markings on the legs like on the tf. It only has the Takara stamp in the chest cavity/cockpit.

Some pics of the paperwork. Thought the artwork might be interesting.

Anyone got any info on this dino/demon looking guy?

Awesome stuff TBS!!!!. who are the 2 little guys under Browning? and Blitzwing's long lost brother has always intrigued me. I've never seen one in real life. All the trains too! .. Yep, this is what i want to concentrate on in 2013.
    I've recently bought Shackwave and pre-Blaster but it might be a while before I get them. If you had some close up pics of that triple-changers modes would be great.
    (And the 2 small guys under browning)
    Thanks Mate . I've taken pics of all of these guys over the years (except for the Trainbots/Raiden because the baggies are still factory-sealed) so whatever you want, just ask.

The Jet-Heli triplechanger - I don't think he has an official name? (sorry about the average pics - I took these a while back)

He's heavier than all the other triplechangers but he's a fair bit shorter.

& the little guys are the two padlock-formers from the Microchange/GiG line. Because their transformations rely on magnets, as you can imagine the magnets weren't designed to last some 28-29 years so therefore they're stuck in their altmodes (I dismantled them & I still couldn't get their transformations working again).

ahhh, lock-bots.. wouldn't mind getting hold of a couple of them one day.
    I see what you mean with the triple changer's height issues, Still, pity he didn't make it into the tf line-up.
    ooh , and you've got Anime Astro-train!

I just freaked myself out looking at differences between pre Grimlock and Slag. Wondering why Grim came with those rubber ball projectiles and Slag didn't (and Grimlock came with no missiles and Slag did) I'm guessing that the missiles were changed out with these rubber bullets when the toys were released through GIG ,, maybe (as GIG Jazz has the same thing but that's about all i can compare it to)

I just freaked myself out looking at differences between pre Grimlock and Slag. Wondering why Grim came with those rubber ball projectiles and Slag didn't (and Grimlock came with no missiles and Slag did) I'm guessing that the missiles were changed out with these rubber bullets when the toys were released through GIG ,, maybe (as GIG Jazz has the same thing but that's about all i can compare it to)
    No idea but Slag looks awesome, never realised he was so...blue!! Heh thats cool regarding the horns, never knew that either. So he can either be a horny or hornless slag....