Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello again!

Default Hello again!

Long time no see! I hope at least someone out there remembers me... but just in case, hi! My name is Jena (my username is so creative, right!?) and I haven't been active on this forum for quite some time! But, I went to see TF4 last week and it rekindled my love for the giant transforming robots we are all here to appreciate. Optimus Prime is still my one true love. That's so weird to admit. Whatever. I'm one of those 80s kids who grew up with the cartoon. One of the highlights of my life in terms of Transformers was listening to Peter Cullen's panel at SDCC 2012.

I still live in Mildura but I am no longer a slave at Kmart and I have also given teaching a break, instead I got a job selling computers at JB HiFI - which I love! Though I went to Japan in April this year and fell in love so I'm hoping to teach English in Japan in the future. I remember a few members here had done the JET program!

My majority of my income set aside for collecting pretty things goes into my anime figures collection (this is my MFC profile if anyone else is a member there) but I have slowed down collecting anime pretties and I want to gather some Masterpieces. I have the Hasbro version of MP01 which I am hoping to replace with a Takara one and who knows what else. I also have the Takara DMK01 ordered but I don't know what else I will be collecting.

Anyway, hello to you all, old members and the new ones! Bah weep graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Yes I remember you. welcome back!

Hey hey!

Welcome back Jena. Been a while Good to hear you're chasing a great sounding career.

That's also a nice figure collection you've got there
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Arrrrrrg, the pink! That profile! It's BLINDING.

Seriously though, welcome back. Personally, I'm new, but I feel it's the polite thing to do, welcoming you back to the community.

Hope you find us great enough to stay this time around.

Default Hello again?

Hey Jena! Welcome back. I to lurk here often but often get bouts of wanting to participate. Masterpieces are an excellent way to refine your TF collecting. Word of advice from someone who very recently got burned... watch out for KO's!!! Buy from reputable sources. You won't regret collecting them they are truly a work of art and as a child of the 80's also, what we wished the original toys could have been and our imaginations allowed them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Yes I remember you. welcome back!
    Thank you! It's good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hey hey!

Welcome back Jena. Been a while Good to hear you're chasing a great sounding career.

That's also a nice figure collection you've got there
    I'll try not to disappear off the face of the earth this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Sexton View Post
    Arrrrrrg, the pink! That profile! It's BLINDING.

Seriously though, welcome back. Personally, I'm new, but I feel it's the polite thing to do, welcoming you back to the community.

Hope you find us great enough to stay this time around.
    Haha I'm sorry, I should have put a warning in there. What can I say, I love pink. Even my hair is pink.

Thanks for welcoming me back, I've got to get to know the new faces!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Supreme View Post
    Hey Jena! Welcome back. I to lurk here often but often get bouts of wanting to participate. Masterpieces are an excellent way to refine your TF collecting. Word of advice from someone who very recently got burned... watch out for KO's!!! Buy from reputable sources. You won't regret collecting them they are truly a work of art and as a child of the 80's also, what we wished the original toys could have been and our imaginations allowed them to be.
    That's actually really great advice, I only very rarely purchase collectable items from eBay since it's bootleg city. But due to my time away from the TF scene, I'm not sure where to begin searching for older MPs.

Welcome back, jena! Good to see you again. I remember your work from lurking the photography thread, the recent stuff on your profile looks awesome! And your collection display is gorgeous.

I haven't checked recently, but I believe BBTS still has quite a few of the MP tfs, at a markup of course. Mandarake would be a good one to check for cheaper secondhand MPs.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Welcome back, jena! Good to see you again. I remember your work from lurking the photography thread, the recent stuff on your profile looks awesome! And your collection display is gorgeous.

I haven't checked recently, but I believe BBTS still has quite a few of the MP tfs, at a markup of course. Mandarake would be a good one to check for cheaper secondhand MPs.
    Thanks! Photography is still one of my favourite hobbies.

I had a look at Mandarake and From Japan yesterday, such addictive places to browse, nothing much on Manda and disturbing prices on From Japan so I continue to search and wait and hope haha.

Greetings and Welcome back to OZformers!
    It's a joy to have you & your amazing photographic talents back with us, Jena.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

Greetings and Welcome back to OZformers!
    It's a joy to have you & your amazing photographic talents back with us, Jena.
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome back!