Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which 3p Dinobots?

Default which 3p Dinobots?

I am interested to read which 3P Dinobots you are getting (if any) and why.

It seems there are quite a few choices...

fanstoys iron dibots.

I believe that their look and scale more closely fits with the masterpiece aesthetic (which is the only line which I am collecting).

Fanstoys quality has also been pretty impressive with their releases so far, and even though the products are quite pricey they do use good quality materials.

Quote Originally Posted by xlojnr View Post
    fanstoys iron dibots.

I believe that their look and scale more closely fits with the masterpiece aesthetic (which is the only line which I am collecting).

Fanstoys quality has also been pretty impressive with their releases so far, and even though the products are quite pricey they do use good quality materials.
    Yes this. I got Soar...not Swoop and was amazed how much Die Cast is in him. An excellent figure.

Depends what you want from your 3rd party Dinobots.

You've got combining ones by Toyworld and GCreations.

If your after CHUG sized Dinobots, Fansproject are doing really nice classicsverse ones and Planet X have their Fall of Cybertron ones.

The MP sized Dinobots have Fans Toys and Gigapower. Fans Toys have a fair bit of die-cast in them and feel really sturdy. Gigapower on the other hand are giving us the biggest dinobots.
    There are other companies like Bullsfire doing MP sized dinobots but they're coming out slowly and I'm not sure they'll grab enough of the market to complete their lines.

I'm collecting the Planet X dinobots. I just like their aesthetic.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I'll probably get the FansToys not-Sludge to replace my broken G1 version, and the Mechaform Paddles looks kind of tempting. If the FansProject LER-05 turns out to be interesting I might bite on that too.

I was up in the air between FansToys and Gigapower for a long time. When FansToys released Scoria, I jumped on their bandwagon. Now that Gigapower have released close up pics of their not-snarl and compared them to FansToys, I'm actually glad I went with FansToys. Something about Gigapowers that I am not liking. I like how big Giga's are though, I'll give them that!

Quote Originally Posted by xlojnr View Post
    fanstoys iron dibots.

^ This. I've grabbed Not-Slag and Not-Swoop from FansToys and couldn't be happier with how they look next to MP Grimlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    If the FansProject LER-05 turns out to be interesting I might bite on that too.
    ^ This. Just FP. No need for Masterpiece-scaled, WFC-universe variants, or combining Dinobots

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

FansToys.

Fansproject, they'll be my classics Dinobots. The first 2 are some of the best toys I bought in 2014.

I love the look of Scoria, but the price tag put him out of my reach. I probably would have preferred they scaled better to MP8 rather than scaling to MP10 with ridiculous platform shoes for MP8, but I think that opinion is a lonely one.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!