Thread: TFCC Nacelle - Rear Tail Fin Fix

Default TFCC Nacelle - Rear Tail Fin Fix

Frustratingly there are a couple of known QC issues with this guy. I personally got three QC problems Lucky me right?? Two right forearms, reversed main wing connectors and reversed rear tail fins. Most people out there probably only got either or both of the wing issues, but I thought I'd share how I fixed the rear tail fins on my TFCC SS 3.0 Nacelle Figure as well as point out a few potential pit falls in doing so.

Essentially you need to remove two screws per leg and knock the pin holding the foot on through just enough so it's not gripping on one side. This will allow you to use a box opener or a flat blade screw driver to pry open the leg/s. Once you have the leg/s apart you can then swap over the tail fins.

First up make sure you have at least these tools at your disposal and a hard block (steel, brick or hard wood etc.) to rest the figure on when trying to tap the pin through on the foot (will get to that)

Step 1: Remove screws

Step 2: Tap pin through just enough to allow you to pry the leg apart

Step 3: Use a box cutter blade or flat screwdriver to pry leg apart

Here's an example of one leg done. Be careful when prying the leg apart as there is a plastic pin holding one corner of the leg together. I accidentally broke the pin on one of my legs. Don't panic if you do the same as you can just put a drop of modeling glue on the pin area as you put the leg back together.

Both legs done

Now just swap the tail fins over and make sure everything lines up properly before attempting to reconstruct the legs. Once I had the legs lined up and any glue that may be required applied I tightened the screws up then tapped the pin back into place on the feet.

Finished Product:

Hope this helps and good luck with your repair job

Don't worry about the plastic pin breaking, as the guy on TFW that showed how he fixed his fins and wings, broke the same one... so I think one leg is just like that on all or most of them.
    Will you be doing the wing fix as well? I was going to post up links to the TFW guy's repair process for both... but that was going to be after I'd had mine sorted out with FunPub. I can still just post the links to his wing fix if you don't.

Personally I'm not going to bother with trying to switch the large wing connectors.

A. It's very difficult to get to the pins and I'm worried about cracking the plastic trying to tap them out.

B. It's easy enough just to un-peg the wings during transformation then peg them back into position once you've reached your desired Transform.

But for those willing to take the risk see the picture below for the pin locations. Just pull the chest flap forward as far as it goes and then move the arms out of the way. The try to use small thin screwdriver or small nail punch to tap the pins out. As I said before due to the angle you need to put the punch at you will more than likely damage the plastic pin surrounds.

Here's a pic (unmodified) where I simply un-pegged the wings during transformation then clipped them back in at the end. The sit nice and flush on the wing clips.

It's also an option to shave down that corner on each connector so that it looks like the corner that should have been on that side. If it is done carefully, it won't matter if two edges are angled, as it is only a tiny part, and one angled edge was supposed to be on top of the jet mode anyway.

risky but could work.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Megatran Guest

Great step-by-step instructions Ravagecat.

Mine is gonna stay as they are coz I'm a lazy guy.

But I noticed the small red circles on the top side of the main wings are slightly deformed. I have the same 'issue'. First world problem, I know.