Thread: Transformers: Revolver

Default Transformers: Revolver

This short series arose because of a problem -- I needed Megatron back.

The Transversal Continuity timeline includes the events of Transformers: The Movie (1986), so as of 2005 I was stuck with Galvatron. But the G2 comics provided a plausible solution for Megatron's return.

Sit back and enjoy the three one-shot pages of Transformers: Revolver.

Part One - Revolution

Part Two - Revelation

Part Three - Reversion

Cheers, and thanks for reading.
    - Verno.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

That's COOL!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Inking and colours are really well done and some of those backgrounds are quite detailed. I quite like the way that you've captured the Marvel art style in your drawings, especially in the G2 portion. The definition in your inking style is impressive.

If I may offer some constructive criticism, you might like to consider more practice in drawing human faces. Also consider the way that you draw fingers. Your hands look fine when they're clenched as fists or holding guns, but I think there's room for improvement when they're opened. Keep in mind that fingers should not be of even length. One way to practice is to simply draw your own hands/fingers. If you're right handed and you want to practice drawing your right hand, I recommend placing a small mirror in front of you and drawing your left hand's reflection (naturally do the same for the left hand if you're left handed ). You can practice drawing your hand in various positions. But be aware that ladies' hands are typically more slender than a man's, so you might consider getting some images of women (e.g. fashion magazines etc.) and practising drawing those.

Also, G2 Megatron's head looks too big to me. It should be smaller, but even the G2 comics didn't really do justice in emulating the toy's proportions. Beast Wars' Megastorm was often drawn with more toy-accurate proportions.

Question: Is this meant to be in the Marvel G1/G2 continuity? Because G2 Megatron was created by Cobra from Megatron's body, not Galvatron's.
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Galvatron_II#...ics_continuity
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron_(G1)...ration_2_comic

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    That's COOL!
    I'm delighted you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Inking and colours are really well done and some of those backgrounds are quite detailed. I quite like the way that you've captured the Marvel art style in your drawings, especially in the G2 portion. The definition in your inking style is impressive.

If I may offer some constructive criticism, you might like to consider more practice in drawing human faces. Also consider the way that you draw fingers. Your hands look fine when they're clenched as fists or holding guns, but I think there's room for improvement when they're opened. Keep in mind that fingers should not be of even length. One way to practice is to simply draw your own hands/fingers. If you're right handed and you want to practice drawing your right hand, I recommend placing a small mirror in front of you and drawing your left hand's reflection (naturally do the same for the left hand if you're left handed ). You can practice drawing your hand in various positions. But be aware that ladies' hands are typically more slender than a man's, so you might consider getting some images of women (e.g. fashion magazines etc.) and practising drawing those.

Also, G2 Megatron's head looks too big to me. It should be smaller, but even the G2 comics didn't really do justice in emulating the toy's proportions. Beast Wars' Megastorm was often drawn with more toy-accurate proportions.
    I'm not the Artist, just the author. If you click on the images themselves, you'll be taken to DeviantArt where I've linked to the Artists' accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime
    Question: Is this meant to be in the Marvel G1/G2 continuity? Because G2 Megatron was created by Cobra from Megatron's body, not Galvatron's.
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Galvatron_II#...ics_continuity
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron_(G1)...ration_2_comic
    This is part of my own Transversal Continuity -- a blending of G1 and G2 story elements that form a single continuity which is leads into Beast Wars later on.

Bob and Larry used G1 and G2 elements to form a quasi-backstory for the universe in which the Beast Wars occurred (the Vok were an evolved version of the Swarm [G2]), so I took that idea and ran with it, blending together things like TF:TM (1986) from the G1 cartoon continuity with the arrival of Jhiaxus from the G2 comics. As I said in the first post, come 2005, I was stuck with Galvatron instead of Megatron, but in order to progress the story through an 'Alignment'-style (Furman) event, I needed Megatron back. So instead of Cobra reformatting Megatron's body into his G2 guise, I had Cobra reformat the dying Galvatron's body, and Megatron's personality broke through the shackles and re-emerged, having witnessed a vision of Jhiaxus while offline.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

That was really awesome on all levels

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    That was really awesome on all levels
    I strive to please

I put together a new logo for the REVOLVER series:

Megatron Guest

Most Excellent Indeed.

also Faved ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Most Excellent Indeed.

also Faved ^.^
    Cheers mate

It's a fun little series, if for no other reason than the G2 iconography in the third page