Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peel (a MTMTE-verse Fancomic)

Default Peel (a MTMTE-verse Fancomic)

Hi guys!
    Albie aka @DailyDurian here and just hoping to share this short fancomic that @KrinSyn put together set in the IDW universe; set after 'Empire of Stone' and before Drift and Ratchet got their new designs!

Been working on this off and on for a while now (was originally written in November 2015 haha) and I had to go through a whole bunch of learning to get there!
    I even showed paulbot a preview way back when! haha.
    Thanks for checking this out

EDIT: warning- some gore and stuff here!!

Last edited by lcz128; 2nd August 2016 at 10:04 PM. Reason: adding warnings

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Awesome, saw this on Twitter

You take commissions ?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Nice work, and good to see the secret character you hid from me.

Great story and FANTASTIC artwork! I'd imagine that Ratchet would be referring this patient to Rung.

Thanks so much guys (shall pass on the feedback to my co-conspirator! )

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    Awesome, saw this on Twitter

You take commissions ?
    HEY autobreadticon! Thanks XD
    And yeah - I do - I'm still trying to work out a pricelist though (but am super happy to take anything on )

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Nice work, and good to see the secret character you hid from me.
    Do you get WHY I didn't show you now? was important to maintain the MYSTERYYYY up until the full reveal! I'm going to be posting the WIP and design stuffs over the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Great story and FANTASTIC artwork! I'd imagine that Ratchet would be referring this patient to Rung.
    Thanks Goktimus! RE: Rung, I don't disagree! Certainly wouldn't be Froid!

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Thumbs up

This rocks!

Fantastic work by all involved! Are you both Aussies?

And where can I see more of your work? Do you have a DeviantArt account?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by lcz128 View Post
    Do you get WHY I didn't show you now? was important to maintain the MYSTERYYYY up until the full reveal! I'm going to be posting the WIP and design stuffs over the next few days
    Yes... but I'm not sure I'd have immediately recognised the fembot in black and white as a genderswap version of Punch/Counterpunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This rocks!
    Thanks Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Fantastic work by all involved! Are you both Aussies?

And where can I see more of your work? Do you have a DeviantArt account?
    Cheers Verno! I'm in Melb, Victoria, yeah - but Krin's in the USA
    I do have a very un-updated deviantart: http://dailydurian.deviantart.com
    I throw more things up on my tumblr though: http://dailydurian.tumblr.com
    (and there's twitter of course where I'm most active on!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yes... but I'm not sure I'd have immediately recognised the fembot in black and white as a genderswap version of Punch/Counterpunch.
    You're not wrong Paul, but I have to keep EVERYTHING under wraaaaaps. heh.

Anyhoo, I also put up a behind the scenes things on tumblr which I'll put here too!
    PEELING BACK THE LAYERS

IMAGE 1: Punch/Counterpunch development
    PUNCH - 2/3 of the first image is about Punch and me working out the transformation for her and also trying to figure out which kind of face we would be using given we were giving the whole Punch/Counter-punch (heretoforth refered to as ‘PCP’) a new twist! (It’ll be real cool to hear Krin’s side of this also! I forget how Krin even pitched the female PCP idea but I thought it was super cool!)
    Punch has a few face-parameters:
    Shades, no-shades, mouth plate, no mouthplate; ultimately I went with no-shades, no mouthplate as we’ve seen! (just to keep things more different from Counter-Punch)
    COUNTER-PUNCH was an interesting challenge in trying to use the original’s weird pseudo mouthplate thing which I made into a literal mouthplate that could be removed– ALL THINGS THAT DIDN’T ACTUALLY GET USED IN THE COMIC!
    I also had more detail on how I thought the transformation would work!

IMAGE 2: PAGE 1 BEHIND THE SCENES
    In the bottom middle & left, we have Krin and my attempts at visualising what was written in the script (Will we be seeing that released too? DUN DUN DUN) for Page 1. We both came surprisingly close to one another’s interpretations!!! I did however, completely stuff up who was leading who in the panels. nervous-hahahaha…. Also, above we see a couple of sketches that I then used to lay out the page digitally and finalised the lines

IMAGE 3: TRANSFORMATION
    The script originally said:
    PANEL 4: PUNCH (center) transforms into COUNTER-PUNCH, whose body is in just as terrible shape. She is now standing. Her Decepticon badge is obviously placed; she is unconsciously gesturing towards it. RATCHET (left) is knocked back by her transformation, drops the syringe in surprise. DRIFT (right) is similarly surprised.
    Let’s see how I went.
    Top Left: I originally envisioned this sequence as a multi-panel affair showing some before and afters.
    Middle Left: I then, after talking to Krin, started sketching out the whole single panel, multi-image style we saw in the final comic.
    Right: close to final layout, but I had four images instead of the three we had in the final comic (space issues and the like oh well) If I could, I would animate this sequence and it would end with an epic swinging out of her shoulders as the final step. If only I had the powers to make an amazing animated transformation sequence XD
    Bottom Left: the final page – what’s not shown is that I got as far as drawing and flatting a different pose for her final stance which was closer to the sketch on the right. I wanted it to look more dynamic though and given I wasn’t getting a magical transformation sequence, I went with this. Haha.
    SO. That’s it for this instalment of PEELING BACK THE LAYERS.

Thanks guys

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

That's awesome work, and an enjoyable (if somewhat disturbing) read
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!