Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoids

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That Rainbow Jerk peacock is awesome. There aren't enough peacock action figures. Or enough action figures that call themselves Jerks.
    Yeah although it has no motor, I got one for it's cool name and unusual choice of animal.

Some of my other favorite unusual animal Zoids include
    Wardick - coelacanth fish type
    Molga - caterpillar type

And the one Zoid, who has so far still eluded me
    Sea panther - hermit crab type

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Yeah although it has no motor, I got one for it's cool name and unusual choice of animal.

Some of my other favorite unusual animal Zoids include
    Wardick - coelacanth fish type
    Molga - caterpillar type

And the one Zoid, who has so far still eluded me
    Sea panther - hermit crab type
    HLJ still has plenty of ol Sea Panther.... I have a fondness fore little hermit crabs been thinking of getting one... to put on my m isc shelf.

I really liked the Zoids series, CC is a personal favorite.
    But I only have 4 Zoids myself, the Blade Liger, Shield Liger, Zaber Fang and Shadow Fox.
    So I wouldn't say I'm a collector, just a fan. If I could afford it then maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxiewolf View Post
    HLJ still has plenty of ol Sea Panther.... I have a fondness fore little hermit crabs been thinking of getting one... to put on my m isc shelf.
    Hey your right they must have secured new stock, since my original order fell through.

Zoids seem to have gone up in price these days since I started my collection at the start of the last decade, although I guess everything has.

Looks like I'm going to have to dust off my Zoids now

I only have three Zoids-Rev Raptor, Command Wolf Irvine, and Holotech Raynos. The last one I picked up at the Parramatta fair today.

Rev was the first Zoid I got, and is now incomplete. Command Wolf Irvine is still in mostly complete condition, but the pieces that regulated the walking speed went missing ages ago. Raynos I wanted when I first saw it in an article about Zoids, and now I have it. It is definitely my favourite Zoid-such a cool design, and the translucent plastic makes it even better.

I have always like the zoid cartoons and seeing future releases has gotten my interest - might start collecting them.

I'd like to know if the pieces are on runners? i hate those.

edit :

was just looking at hlj, whats the difference between the Kotobukiya and Takara Tomy versions?

actually it would be helpful if someone could give me a quick rundown to collecting zoids.

cheers
    Last edited by kaiden; 1st March 2010 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    I have always like the zoid cartoons and seeing future releases has gotten my interest - might start collecting them.

I'd like to know if the pieces are on runners? i hate those.

edit :

was just looking at hlj, whats the difference between the Kotobukiya and Takara Tomy versions?

actually it would be helpful if someone could give me a quick rundown to collecting zoids.

cheers
    Kotobukiya ones are High End master models, need paint, glue etc etc. and they do not move but are highly posable.

The tomy takara ones i guess are more of the original toyline as generally they have motors in them and move.

Depends on what you want to collect and why. I used to just get any thing and everything but now I really only collect limited or unique ones like the Clear Reward points ones or Convention exclusives.

Anything thats TOmy Dream Project is a limited one and usualy a reissue of an older more popular one. Unles syou want to collect all the ones from a certain series like New Century Zero or Fuzors etc.

Be prepared to start shelling out alot of money for LIger Zero and his CAS parts... im in the process of replacing mine and for 1 liger and Addon set nearly $200 ea.

i dont like painting them, probably because i would do a bad job of it.

but yeah i was mostly interested in the Kotobukiya ones as it seems like a hassle to collect the older tomy ones.

I have a small collection of various Ligers...