Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mojibakeru - Transforming Kanji

Quote Originally Posted by BigPenney View Post

You are awesome.
    I've been looking at these for months but couldn't find anywhere that would stock them.
    Well, I dont like to blow my own trumpet, but yes I am pretty awesome.

Glad to have been able to help.

"Share and Enjoy" is my motto

Hahaha, those are cool, they would be a great way for me to practice my Kanji. I want some

Wow, that's pretty cool. If only there was a french version of the Letterbots for my daughter!

Alphabet "Transformers" have been around since the 1980s dude. Sure, they may lack the accent marks used in French, but they otherwise get the job done.

They were made by Hasbro's rival Mattel. Here are some examples:
    C: letter | robot
    H: letter | robot
    N: robot
    O: robot
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3244/...6650083340.jpg

and tbh the alphabet is a lot easier to learn than Kanji! Alphabet letters are much simpler, they're only phonetic (whereas Kanji is logographic) and there are only 26 letters to learn compared to the 1945~2928 characters in Japanese Kanji! Releasing Mojibakeru toys of all Kanji would drive completists nuts.

If someone has any link or info where to buy Alphabet bots pls PM me, I really want a set, really. And yeah Alphbots are easier to learn than kanji, hands down.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    LOL I need a life.

After searching around my various sources, I discovered they were a bit tricky to get a hold of, so I emailed HLJ to see if they had them and they said no, but they would like to get them.... So they did, just for me!

Talk about being pro-active.

Linky Link for those interested. Comes in a mixed box of 20, like those Chewing Gum Convoy/Star Sabres that came out earlier this year. ( for those interested anyway.)
    Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    If someone has any link or info where to buy Alphabet bots pls PM me, I really want a set, really. And yeah Alphbots are easier to learn than kanji, hands down.
    how wbout there? If I may be so bold as to quote myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    how wbout there? If I may be so bold as to quote myself?

Erm thanks Tets, but I was thinking of the Alphabet bots that Gok showed - A-Z ones not the Kanjibots.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Erm thanks Tets, but I was thinking of the Alphabet bots that Gok showed - A-Z ones not the Kanjibots.
    Doh, oh sorry, thought it was abit too obvious.. lol

Very nice, reminds me of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger's robot Origami. If I'm not mistaken, did Transformers Youtube reviewer Peaugh review something similar?