Thread: Headrobot's 'Old Snake' Headmaster

Default Headrobot's 'Old Snake' Headmaster

Today I received my Headrobot's 'Old Snake' repaint of the Cobra Headmaster. This toy was released as a HighEndTFs Toy Store exclusive.

For those who don't know, this is actually a G.I. Joe tribute as much as it is Transformers. It was inspired by Cobra Commander's cameo in the G1 cartoon episode 'Only Human' and possibly also inspired by the several Transformers/GI Joe comic crossovers.

As you can read by the card bio bellow, 'Old Snake' is actually Cobra Commander himself. Using a reverse form of Synthoid technology, Cobra Commander is now able to transfer his mind the to Cobra Headmaster and use it to take over Cybertronian transtectors to use against Transformers!

I thought the idea was pretty nifty so I decided to get one myself.

Although the toy is an awesome looking repaint, its overall quality is somewhat lacking, specially when compared to the original 'green' release. However the quality is by no means terrible and it is still a very solid figure with only a few 'mold' defects on it's surface.

As you can see by the pictures above and bellow, this version comes with a dual canon weapon which was absent from the original release. The weapon adds some good play value as it has a peg hole in which you can plug a Headmaster's weapon onto it for a combined gun mode. I thought this feature was pretty awesome but sadly it has a critical defect as the peg hole on it is too wide to hold the combined weapon securely but otherwise its a perfect fit for the transterctor's fist.

Overall is a very nifty little figure and despite the mold defects this is definitely my favorite version of this mold by far. It's a a very nicely done dual tribute and a pretty kick ass color scheme.

If you only want to get one version of this mold, this is certainly it.

I'm liking this colour scheme a whole lot more than the original and the Bio is really well done too. Yet another awesome addition Kup.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This thread is worth it for the last picture.

Snake on a plane. I left off the s because when you have that thing on, the other snakes run away.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

In the bio, there were words crossed out, was that how it is really or did you just crossed it out kup?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    In the bio, there were words crossed out, was that how it is really or did you just crossed it out kup?
    They are really crossed out (printed) for both humor and for avoiding copyright infringement while still getting the message across.