Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Your occupation?

Im an IT Systems Analyst for a major shipping Ports Company

nice way of saying IT dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Do you think I actually focussed on work at Uni? Are you insane?
    I'm gonna miss being a bum.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Do you think I actually focussed on work at Uni? Are you insane?

Mate, It was all about the girls ! In my tute alone, There were about 25 of us in total & about 85% of them were girls! (& there was this one time in 2nd year when there were 2 Swedish girls in one of our subjects... Man, that was a great subject for us guys but you wouldn't believe the level of b#%@$iness in that room... )
    Why does this not surprise me. I must admit I don't think any of the younger males would go to Uni if it wasn't for the social aspect of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    My only full time job ever, is my current job - Senior Web Designer for 5 years at a web development company called Itomic. Basically that means i design everything we output and code (xhtml/css) website frontends. Also work freelance doing illustrations for an agency connected to Bunnings, for their in store, brochure and tv adverts.
    Please get them to change the Bunnings theme music! Its been the same for 20 dam years! Its so annoying! 5 years eh? Must be a good environment

Man, that was a great subject for us guys but you wouldn't believe the level of b#%@$iness in that room... )
    I can. about 3 or 4 months back, I was the only guy in the coffee shop...I heard everything and did the only thing I could: smile and nod
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticpoo View Post
    Please get them to change the Bunnings theme music! Its been the same for 20 dam years! Its so annoying! 5 years eh? Must be a good environment
    I would, but i've never actually spoken to a single person on the Bunnings side of things.. i'm a middle-middle-man for a graphic agency. I suggest just not watching TV, there isn't much to miss out on these days anyway!

I'm another webhead, Internet Content Management (write, edit, layout, set guidelines, chase people up, manage css, and project manage development) working in Government. I got here via a Arts/Journalism degree, general web-interest, and tech know-how.

Almost seven years now in this job now and I am starting to get the itch for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many
    I must admit I don't think any of the younger males would go to Uni if it wasn't for the social aspect of it
    Well I think post-school life in general is a real eye-opener for everyone. School-life is so "false" compared to what life is really like. But yeah, socially my uni years were the best and nothing compares... I miss it. As odd as it sounds, I do miss studying. ;p Sure there were a couple of assignments and exams that I really disliked, but on the whole I really enjoyed studying. I think I would be a full-time uni student if not for the poverty factor.

Let's see... actual university clubs or circles that I joined and participated in (I joined some but never turned up to any of their activities, so I won't count those)...

+ Numerous animé & manga clubs (like, four or five )

+ One animé circle

+ One manga circle

+ One martial arts club (Aikido)

+ One Medieval and Renaissance recreation society

+ One Japanese cultural club

+ Two or three international students associations
    <--in Kyoto

...and of course, various private circles of friends.

Now that I'm working full time such gatherings have become a rarity (T_T)

Enjoy your uni days while you can STL and all other students!! Enjoy them so that the rest of us may vicariously bask in your glory!

P.S.: Oh yeah, I joined a Transformers club too, but that was outside of uni. I think they're called "OzFormers" now. Although it was through chatting with Transfans online via university internet connection that I discovered OzFormers in 1997 (the internet was heavily dominated by university servers before AOL ).
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 20th October 2008 at 05:43 PM.

[QUOTE

optimus1: Don't worry, most kids are manageable if you know what you're doing. I won't name the school, but my first year of teaching was at arguably one of the toughest schools in Sydney and yet I was still able to enforce discipline and order amongst my students by the end of my tenure there. Feel free to ask me about it or anything else about teaching either in private or IRL at future fan meets. [/QUOTE]

No worries will do! Thanks

And nice pics on the Uni clubs also! Im also a non-appearing member of my uni clubs, but thats mostly due to work and being with other friends

Im currently in my 4th year as an apprentice automotive spray painter, less than 1 year to go i cant wait for tradesman wages but i have been thinking about going to uni afterwards to do something different