Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: Stores selling Transformers in Japan

Try this link if you go past Akihabara, and i recommend you do!

Most figure/hobby stores have at least a few TFs, but the best ones to visit are:
    Yodobashi Camera.. i think it was 6th floor; Movie TF's, Encore's and Henkei.
    Radio Kaikan.. this is a building housing heaps of smaller stores on different levels; all together, you could probably find most recent Japanese TF's and a few older ones.
    Liberty Store #7.. must-visit store, 1st floor has got about 6 glass cabinets of TF's, mostly used, from all era's and a giant 1.5m Optimus statue!
    Mandarake... ABSOLUTE must have if you're into G1, 2 full rows of glass cabinets, TF's from all era's, about 50% of it is Japanese G1. Make sure your wallet is prepared, though just seeing it is fun itself It's on the top floor, but only the right hand elevator gets to the top floor!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheel-J View Post
    Have you visited Toys R'Us at Jack Mall? That mall is a small commercial complex located at the back of Queen's Square at Minato Mirai in Yokohama. If you don't pass via the Minato Mirai Line, most likely you can take the Sakuragicho station. Been there 4 years ago so my info may not be that accurate so be warned.

Btw, you gotta love autumn in japan!
    Its still there. Was having a look when I was over. Not much TF goodies though. To get there, get off JR lines at Sakuragicho. Head for Lndmark tower. Ride the long long flat escalator thing to the tower (passing the "ship") and enter Landmark tower. Head right and exit building. In between Landmark tower and the Queens tower is a metal sculpture that looks like a roller coaster, (facing away from Landmark) head left and walk about 10 min. Over the bridge, past the gallery with the fountains out the front and across the road. There is another bunch of shops. Toys R Us is down the end on the left. 2nd floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
    Sorry guys news just in.. I won't be picking up stuff for people on the forums.

Especially something like a PS3 lol.. only my wife is allowed to love me for any length of time.
    Dang and Dang. Just thought I would try
    Hey there,

Anyway I'm here (or there)...

Planning a trip into Tokyo tomorrow.. currently I'm looking out onto the Yokohama port harbour

I found a cool store in Yokohama, Yodobashi which has a whole floor of toys and figures..

I also found the ROTF Devastator in Singapore but the ticket price was pretty high... over $200AU and the box is huge.. I'll pass I think
    Yodabashi is pretty good. In the building that is over the Yokohama train station, there is a little toy store on the ground floor that has some good stuff.

Hope your having fun

Very detailed instruction there Tets! I won't get lost for that!
    That brings me back down to ol memory lane. I remember the jampacked JR lines everytime I go to work. The minato mirai ship is on the right as you walk through the walkalators. And the gallery which I presume is the maritime museum towards the mall will be on the left side.

And there might be a chance you'll find a small flea market near the ship during Saturdays. It's pretty much like an outdoor op shop. So don't expect too much TFs. But you'll never know, it's like finding a Fort Max on an op shop. Though sometimes they change venue, if they're not there, you may prolly find them near one of the park (forgot the name) if you walk to kanai from sakuragicho.

Gambatte!
    Last edited by Wheel-J; 5th September 2009 at 07:36 AM.
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Have you visited Toys R'Us at Jack Mall? That mall is a small commercial complex located at the back of Queen's Square at Minato Mirai in Yokohama. If you don't pass via the Minato Mirai Line, most likely you can take the Sakuragicho station. Been there 4 years ago so my info may not be that accurate so be warned.

Btw, you gotta love autumn in japan!
    No but thanks for the heads up, I'm in the Intercontinental Hotel which is next to the Queen's Square, and I've covered every floor of that. Didn't know about Jack Mall and TRU, I'll have to check it out .. thanks again

It is very humid here

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Its still there. Was having a look when I was over. Not much TF goodies though. To get there, get off JR lines at Sakuragicho. Head for Lndmark tower. Ride the long long flat escalator thing to the tower (passing the "ship") and enter Landmark tower. Head right and exit building. In between Landmark tower and the Queens tower is a metal sculpture that looks like a roller coaster, (facing away from Landmark) head left and walk about 10 min. Over the bridge, past the gallery with the fountains out the front and across the road. There is another bunch of shops. Toys R Us is down the end on the left. 2nd floor.

Dang and Dang. Just thought I would try

Yodabashi is pretty good. In the building that is over the Yokohama train station, there is a little toy store on the ground floor that has some good stuff.

Hope your having fun
    Thanks for help guys.. I've got a HD vid camera with me so I'll post up vids sometime when I get back

No but thanks for the heads up, I'm in the Intercontinental Hotel which is next to the Queen's Square, and I've covered every floor of that. Didn't know about Jack Mall and TRU, I'll have to check it out .. thanks again

It is very humid here
    Ahh.. the sliced watermelon hotel.

And don't forget to claim your yodobashi points on your next purchase. You may get a free or discounted stuffs for that one.
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Ahh.. the sliced watermelon hotel.

And don't forget to claim your yodobashi points on your next purchase. You may get a free or discounted stuffs for that one.
    I had to think there for a second about what you meant.. To me it looks like a giant concrete ship rising up out of the city.

Ok well time to hit the subway..

Hey Wheel-J, I didn't know you used to live in Japan! Wow... seems the number of potential Japanese speakers on this board might be growing. Methinks I want to make a Japanese conversation thread!
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 5th September 2009 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hey Wheel-J, I didn't know you used to live in Japan! Wow... seems the number of potential Japanese speakers on this board might be growing. Methinks I want to make a Japanese conversation thread!
    Lol! Goku-san sumimasen, I have to apologize that I am not really well versed in nihonggo. I only know a handful of very basic words I learned from my previous Japanese officemates and unfortunately most of it I have forgotten. Like Jetfire, I've been to Japan only for work circumstances. The HQ of the company I worked before is based in Yokohama so I had that opportunity to be there and work with Japanese. But unlike my other local work colleagues who were assigned there for longer, my stay there is on and off so I don't really have that chance to practice my jap comm skills much as they do. Though I would be eager to learn especially if the need arises again.

And btw, the only jap character that I can write is my name in hiragana(?) which I found out to be my name printed in my JR pass. ha ha!

Ok well time to hit the subway..
    If you're talking bout fast foods, there's a few other cheapy you may wanna try round your area. Ideally for lunchbreaks if you don't wanna walk far and at the same time fancy about ramen, there's a ramen shop at the lower level of landmark plaza after you pass by Hard Rock Cafe. You'll find that on your right just before Wendy's. Not really cheaper than Wendy's but a decent-sized bowl of ramen for Y950 should fill you up (circa 2005 ). Another one which I could recommend if not that I was told it was no longer cheap anymore is that fast food center on the 5th floor. They have this crappy buffet meal for Y210. You pay before you eat, grab your bowl, and fill it in as many as you can. Me and my regular mates have our bentos there most of the time. But sadly, I was told last time that they don't serve buffet anymore. And there's also a korean bbq resto across the street at the back of your hotel which you could try. If you're facing Maccas (not the one at landmark tower but the one accross the street), walk towards the left corner and find that resto on the 2nd floor. Last time I know they don't open the table grills during lunch so don't worry bout catching the savory fumes of bbq on your suit. :P

Of course, there are a lot of good diners there. If there'd be a chance I would go back there, I'll visit Pepper Lunch for a sizzling meal (the one like in Sydney), stuff myself with katsudon from my favourite Tempura shop at Kannai, and eat my staple gyudon with lots of red ginger at Yoshinoya.

sorry... don't really want to hi-jack the thread... but semi-related... any TF shops in Kyoto and Osaka? detailed instructions would be appreciative.

tempted to buy a PS3 but scared about the 100v incompatibility!