Thread: A JP Fortress Maximus is indeed coming...

Default A JP Fortress Maximus is indeed coming...

...but not as you'd expect.

After the next wave of Kabaya models of Protectobots, Deathsaurus & WFC Optimus (due out some time before June), the set of 3 after that will be Fortress Maximus!

Split up into 3 parts (which will make it difficult to offload the odd 2 in a case of 8), each part comes with a mini-bot (Powerglide, Windcharger) or Cerebros.

So, looks like we definitely get one Fortress Maximus toy this year... here's hoping this is just a taste of something bigger later.

Remember though, these Kabaya model kits are only small, so the fully assembled Fortress Maximus will probably only be about the size of a Deluxe Class toy... so may end up being bigger than the JP Junior toy.
    (this set is said to be released in July, so if true, it is only a month or two after the Protectobots set)

Between Kabaya's Ginrai set, Deszaras & This; I'm really quite tempted to pick these kits up, I just need to get a couple of rather major expenses out of the road 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Between Kabaya's Ginrai set, Deszaras & This; I'm really quite tempted to pick these kits up, I just need to get a couple of rather major expenses out of the road 1st.
    me too lol, 3rd part is hurting my wallet atm
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I knew you meant Kabaya when I looked at the title. Nice try on the delayed April fool prank but the news on Kabaya Max have been around out for a few days

I may consider getting it as it seems like a decent 'build your own Max' sort of fun collecting.

It wasn't actually a nod to the April Fools Day posting... This topic and that prank news posting are based on the rumours that have been coming out for months now from the same sources that said we were getting other Reissues, that have now been confirmed.
    It just hasn't been highlighted much, so not too many people would have seen it mentioned or remembered it.

It has me wondering if it is possible to rework the original Fort Max toy to be released as 3 small bases that combine into a robot like these model kits - which would be the only way I could imagine Fort Max being reissued. A full reissue would be too big to ship now by normal postal services, and courier prices would end up doubling the cost.

I shall call this Minimus Maximus. Or Mini Max for short.

An update - the FortMax will be the JP version, in that it will come with the Master Sword (like the original JP toy had).
    A new pic is at the link as well.

Sweet! - So it includes the sword that Fortress never even realised the existence of?
    Awesome, looking forward to hopefully picking this wave up.