Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 313181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: July Acquisitions

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post

The regulations governing supermarkets and retail outlets are different though, and considering most people only buy one item rather than multiple copies of the same item, you shouldn't be entitled to what is essentially theft. More often than not (as happened with you) you will get the price seen on the shelf but to try for more than that is just petty.

Sorry if my language is strong but I get enough people trying to pull that one on me when I work at Target, that I kinda get a bit sick of people trying it. You don't get something for nothing!
    Well since you were not at the Kmart store at the time, I feel it is necessary to clarify the situation.

Where the HA toys were kept, it had $35 each and all the toys were sitting there all mixed up. I did not see a $50 price tag.

The fact that Kmart reduced it to $35 in line with the other two indicates that they had a pricing issue? I would have been happy for the manager to show me, but they didn't.

Whilst this is a public forum, the thoughts you believe in may not necessarily be shared by your employer. As such it is in your best interests to keep these thoughts to yourself for the sake of your employment. .

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    I love the iGear CCC. Let me know what you think once you piece it together (there are some QC issues re the joins, so you might need some small fold back clips to hold it togther, but no biggie cos it cant be seen from the front anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    I love that iGear CCC set
    If I had time, I wouldn't mind trying to make one up myself.
    It's nce, but it did try my patience, was able to set it up ( not decently though) after an hour of trying. This thing's clips just wouldnt stay clipped together its sooooooo frustrating. Im resolved to just leave it as it is for now ( managed to set it up for display only) but Im buying a superglue or something and bond the plates permanently coz I can't freakin' play with it. The panels just keeps fallin apart... grrrrrr shame as it looks awesome finished ... if only it stays together.

Any suggestions on what bonding agent to use?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    It's nce, but it did try my patience, was able to set it up ( not decently though) after an hour of trying. This thing's clips just wouldnt stay clipped together its sooooooo frustrating. Im resolved to just leave it as it is for now ( managed to set it up for display only) but Im buying a superglue or something and bond the plates permanently coz I can't freakin' play with it. The panels just keeps fallin apart... grrrrrr shame as it looks awesome finished ... if only it stays together.

Any suggestions on what bonding agent to use?
    Bold parts of what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon
    I love the iGear CCC. Let me know what you think once you piece it together (there are some QC issues re the joins, so you might need some small fold back clips to hold it togther, but no biggie cos it cant be seen from the front anyway.
    A pack of small black fold back clips would do the job easily. You shouldn't use a bonding agent because you might want to reconfigure it some day. The panels are easily switchable and you can do a rectangular or square Teletraan or a box. Flexibility. Bar also the stickers, which are pretty crap, this is an awesome set and as close to a Teletraan playset as I can get. heh.

well as you can see in my pics HD the plates of the back walls dont even clip together well or with floor plates as well. So if I do try to really make them so, Id prolly spend an eternity trying... the black clips you say would be an additional hassle as they HAVE to be able to stay in place coz really if you see my CCC set and try to even "play" with it it WILL fall apart on you which is sssssoooooooo frustrating really. Still im glad I got it.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    well as you can see in my pics HD the plates of the back walls dont even clip together well or with floor plates as well. So if I do try to really make them so, Id prolly spend an eternity trying... the black clips you say would be an additional hassle as they HAVE to be able to stay in place coz really if you see my CCC set and try to even "play" with it it WILL fall apart on you which is sssssoooooooo frustrating really. Still im glad I got it.
    Show me a picture of how the plates join together and supposed to clip together from the back and I'll see if I can think of something.

Best not to glue something that big together as it is likely to break when you carry it anywhere and when it does it'll look ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Show me a picture of how the plates join together and supposed to clip together from the back and I'll see if I can think of something.

Best not to glue something that big together as it is likely to break when you carry it anywhere and when it does it'll look ugly.
    Cheers, Ill take pics ( the thing'll fall apart anyhoo) of the clipping system of the plates and send it to you kup.

you clip it from the back not the side or the front. I used these. the 15mm or 19mm ones will do the trick.

I'll take a pic to show you. seriously, you can't tell at all that its clipped and its solid as a rock after that.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    you clip it from the back not the side or the front. I used these. the 15mm or 19mm ones will do the trick.

I'll take a pic to show you. seriously, you can't tell at all that its clipped and its solid as a rock after that.
    Hmm some good suggestions here from yourself HD, I'm just curious how many clips would you need per join?

Liegeprime - glad you managed to put it together! Looks awesome, time to do some weathering and lighting on that Computer Control Center!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    We should probably rename this thread to the 'Seacons Acquisitions' thread
    Today via post I received... wait for it...

2 x Seacons (1 x The_Damned) ... Although my wife had some rather low brow comments considering his colours and the nice chrome sword.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Generations Thrust from Big W, since Target still do not have any Generations figures in stock.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)