Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Encore God Fire Convoy recall.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I have been wondering if this reissue fixes the tyre issues or not. I have a couple of cracks in the tyres of several RID toys and also my Encore Jazz hasa almost lost a tyre completely. This is why I now prefer plastic tyres.
    I thought the cracked tyres were mainly only on the Hasbro release since Takara used better quality materials? My Japanese and Korean versions don't have a cracked tyre yet (fingers crossed).

I also ordered this at HLJ and the quality issues don't give me confidence
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Here's a list of issues one owner has found.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...voy-set/41051/

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Eh. Those issues are just regular modern toy standards.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Eh. Those issues are just regular modern toy standards.
    such a shame, if this is the acceptable today's standards.

I have been wondering if this reissue fixes the tyre issues or not. I have a couple of cracks in the tyres of several RID toys and also my Encore Jazz hasa almost lost a tyre completely. This is why I now prefer plastic tyres.
    Damn! Encore Jazz You can still get him (Takara Encore) at good prices MISB in Hong Kong, less than $50AUD 18 months ago, if you ever want to get a replacement and happen to be there.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

All of my Japanese Fire Convoy, Car Bros and Ultra Magnus have cracked tires ..

Shame this was recalled; GFC is awesome and needs to be loved more.

Looks like the recall is official
    Takara Tomy put out a statement for it

http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/news/gfc_product_info.html

Citing the issues as “switched voice lines” and “inconsistencies on the product packaging”
    You can return the product to them for a full refund. But no replacements will be made.

I also received an email from HLJ regarding the God Fire Convoy recall. Is it acceptable to copy the contents of the email on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I also received an email from HLJ regarding the God Fire Convoy recall. Is it acceptable to copy the contents of the email on here?
    Yeah just edit out the names, order numbers and that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Looks like the recall is official
    Takara Tomy put out a statement for it

http://tf.takaratomy.co.jp/news/gfc_product_info.html

Citing the issues as “switched voice lines” and “inconsistencies on the product packaging”
    You can return the product to them for a full refund. But no replacements will be made.

Are you planning on refunding yours? I’m at two minds about it as I don’t plan on opening mine. So will it be rarer because there won’t be as many or will it never go up in value because everyone knows it’s rubbish?

Yeah just edit out the names, order numbers and that sort of thing.
    The email didn't really say much. and not really anything too sensitive or anything. just wanted to be sure.

here's what they said

Particularly of interest was what they said about me having had mine shipped out before the recall. and what my options are. especially their offer of a 25% refund if I decide not to return it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Are you planning on refunding yours? I’m at two minds about it as I don’t plan on opening mine. So will it be rarer because there won’t be as many or will it never go up in value because everyone knows it’s rubbish?
    My thinking right now is. I've had it shipped to me, once it arrives I will open it up and inspect it, if it's one of the good ones, I'll keep it.
    If it's a lemon, I'll ask HLJ for the refund and send it back to them.
    I don't care too much about the rarity and what it may be worth on the secondary market since I want it for me. so if it's free of any issues, I keep it. if it has problems, I send it back and get my money back.

Not sure what I'd do about that 25% refund. If my figure is fine, save for the packaging error and electronics, I would feel wrong having part of the cost refunded. but it's nice of them to offer.
    I guess right now I'll just wait and see what happens when mine arrives next week.