Page 429 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 409419424425426427428429430431432433434439449 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Yes it does. That's how Sunstorm got the jump on him, coz he opened his face window coz it was all smudgy from their fight.... DW comics
    I was just thinking about the toy. <shrug> But yeah, I suppose DW Omega Supreme could to do it.

Anyone know if it was only original Takara G1's that could fire missiles/projectiles from their launchers? Or were the official chinese reissues able to as well?

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Anyone know if it was only original Takara G1's that could fire missiles/projectiles from their launchers? Or were the official chinese reissues able to as well?
    Not too sure about the Chinese figures, but GiG's "Transformer" line could fire their (hilariously oversized for safety reasons) missiles. Though it can be debated if they were official "Transformers" or not.

And speaking of questions, here's one that's been on my mind for a number of years:

The Transformers Armada cartoon is rather notorious for its music (and inspirational for later shows if nothing else), but there is one track in particular which leaves me perplexed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4sMb66nAI (Cut to 1:21. It goes for a while)

Yes I know the animation is rather off-putting, and the song was played in other episodes (such as Optimus Prime and Megatron's final duel in "Mortal Combat"), but this is probably the best example online.

Question is, what is this? Was it a demo title theme never used, but had to be on the show (insert reason here)? Does it have a title? Was it composed by the same team?
    Now don't get me wrong, as I happen to like it quite a lot (and wouldn't mind listening to a clean version of the track, hint-hint), but it feels odd in contrast to Armada's orchestra music.

Anyway, it was prominently featured on the Transformers Universe CD-ROM, so it's safe to assume as the intended theme for 2003's line of repaints original characters.

Wow... that sounds nothing like the original music score for that scene.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPe3rO5gYJw <---skip to 16:41
    ...and I'd forgotten just how awful the dubbing in Armada was... *shudder*

But anyway, it sounds similar to the music played in TF Armada toy adverts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L5LGd3l6n0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4b34MifYuw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWMvc3rWfk0

Is there a local online retailer that member's use to purchase comics?, living in the Illawarra; my only Brick 'n' Mortar options are at least a 90min drive away.

I'm looking to grab IDW's MTMTE and RID when they're released in January and would like to have a little retail knowledge before going into it.
    (I don't want to wait for a TPB to be released, otherwise I'd just go via Book Depository )

Well, should've checked the Matrix - Resource Section.

Still, which would be the preferred Online Retailer of members?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Well, should've checked the Matrix - Resource Section.

Still, which would be the preferred Online Retailer of members?
    Try "classiccomicsmelbourne" at eBay store. I've never checked out their eBay store but been to their physical store and quite impressed. Their staff told me today that I can do all the preorder at theirs. And their pricing is quite ok.

Email them at classiccomics@ozemail.com.au or give them a call 0396637210. i didn't ask them details re preorders but apparently they are quite standardized in doing that (they have a form for you to fill in).

Btw I haven't checked out Matrix resources either so maybe this info's already in there

Ah hah! And this one: www.comicsrus.com.au / comicsrus@bigpond.com

Again, never checked out their online store but I go there every week. They are always faster in getting in the new issues than all the other comics shops I go to but they are also more expensive. Not sure if they do preorder. Worth shooting them an email I guess.

You can always ask someone to pick up for you and mail through. I doubt the cost will be much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Try "classiccomicsmelbourne" at eBay store. I've never checked out their eBay store but been to their physical store and quite impressed. Their staff told me today that I can do all the preorder at theirs. And their pricing is quite ok.

Email them at classiccomics@ozemail.com.au or give them a call 0396637210. i didn't ask them details re preorders but apparently they are quite standardized in doing that (they have a form for you to fill in).

Btw I haven't checked out Matrix resources either so maybe this info's already in there
    Cheers Arcee,
    I think it might be in the resource section, at least a similarly named store is , but I'll take it under advisement anyway and I'll checkout their eBay store.

I've honestly never bought a comic book from a store, nor pre-ordered one for that matter so it's all a little new to me; it'd be a little easier if I had a store locally but the all malls around here prefer Make-up, Clothes and Jewellery... Hence why everyone has to travel to Sydney.
    ("Come to the Illawarra; where choice is fantasy and variety is a foreign concept" )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Cheers Arcee,
    I think it might be in the resource section, at least a similarly named store is , but I'll take it under advisement anyway and I'll checkout their eBay store.

I've honestly never bought a comic book from a store, nor pre-ordered one for that matter so it's all a little new to me; it'd be a little easier if I had a store locally but the all malls around here prefer Make-up, Clothes and Jewellery... Hence why everyone has to travel to Sydney.
    ("Come to the Illawarra; where choice is fantasy and variety is a foreign concept" )
    You actually made me want to roll up my swag and go to Illawarra for a walk-about

Yeah I didn't know they can do preorder until today. Was on the lookout for liege so I told them about; they say if you live interstate you can definitely use their preorder and mail services. I thought I've grabbed a copy of their brochure but I can't find it anywhere at the moment

Yeah maybe ring them up or email. Or if you can wait, I can go there again and ask them for details but probably won't be till next week coz I'm tangling with my exam at this moment