Page 131 of 154 FirstFirst ... 111121126127128129130131132133134135136141151 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1531

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by lobbing View Post
    Penguin kid was one of the more difficult to feel the bags for. My method was to feel for the headpiece first then confirm by feeling for the short legs. There are only 2 minifigures in the series with short legs. The other is the kid devil and you can rule that out quickly because it's a bulky bag with wings, tail, headpiece, pumpkin and trident.
    Good advice. I was going through a box that was 90% full and could not find short legs without wings/trident. I thought I had the Boxer Girl (also trying for my gf).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Anyone got spares for the disney series. I'm after Alice and Cheshire cat and Genie.

Re Penguin suit kid. Also try to feel for the skates to confirm. Luckily, found mine in a fresh box along with a banana suit guy (easiest to pick).

A friend sourced these bad boys for me today

Thoughts when you make them please as I am very much on the fence when it comes to getting. More ships as I am quickly running out of space.

Looks like they learnt their lesson from force awakens and have the ships more closely resembling the ones in the trailers, Kenneth's command ship is a big improvement over Kylie rens.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Thoughts when you make them please as I am very much on the fence when it comes to getting. More ships as I am quickly running out of space.

Looks like they learnt their lesson from force awakens and have the ships more closely resembling the ones in the trailers, Kenneth's command ship is a big improvement over Kylie rens.
    I had a lot of fun building both of these up as both ended up being very sturdy. Can't comment on how universe-realistic they are to the movie, as I'm trying hard to avoid the media releases and not to spoil myself - however I accidentally clicked on a character from Krennic's Shuttle set and skim read too quickly into it (why the hell didn't this work for me during uni? ).

75154 Tie Striker

I really enjoyed the build process, and did not expect the cockpit capsule to come together with the wings as sturdy as the photos suggests (mainly because I watched this misleading MOC the week before). The only other Tie I own is the 75101 First Order Tie Fighter (however I've watched video reviews of most of the older iterations) and the Striker beats them all. The wings are connected via Technic pins and beams, and can be adjusted from the back to be raised into their attack mode as pictured on the box. There are no balance issues with either modes.

If there are any parts that might come off, I can only think of a) a single plate on the back of the capsule where one plate is connected by a single pin; and b) the spring-loaded missile launches which aren't as well integrated as 75101.

The wingspan is incredibly impressive - the box art really does not do it enough justice. This thing is almost as long as 75055 Imperial Star Destroyer. I've been a growing fan of this type of wing placement since getting back into Lego this year and going through reviews of many fighter designs since 2009. The 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor was big on my want list until getting the Striker (esp when considering 9500 has stability issues).

I'm always looking forward to more Imperial troops, and printing on all 4 minifigs are very high quality. One QC packing issue with my set - I didn't get a the generic smiling 2-sided head for the Rebel soldier, and instead got another angry-Clone face.

Apologies for getting back to you late, I've had an extra long weekend out of town.

I'll write up a quick summary for Krennic's Shuttle later on.

Thank you for the write up and thoughts, it does look more impressive made than in the stock photos or box art.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Default Rogue One sets

awesome post SuspectimusPrime, I just grabbed a few Rogue One sets myself and those shots you took look absolutely amazing put together.

I found on Gumtree the 75154, 5 and 6, all for $190 for the lot, which is fantastic news, as they'll become part of my collection.

I am on the hunt for the 75153 and other than the 75120 I'm not too fussed on the rest.

Default LEGO 75049 Star Wars Snowspeeder

I read yesterday in the sighting section that the Y-Wings were available in Big W, so I decided today to head down and have a quick look in my local store. And indeed they were, I think they are being sold for $95 but to my surprise, I saw a LEGO 75049 Star Wars Snowspeeder still for sale and in relatively good condition, apart from the odd bit of shelfware. I got to the checkout and scanned the item and it cost me a whole $10, which considering the item has been retired for a while now, I thought that was an absolute bargain.

A 75049 Snowspeeder for $10? Well done!