Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wtb figuarts kylo ren and first order stormtrooper

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    yea cheapest on ebay atm is ~82 AUD free shipping.
    It isn't too bad IMO considering a lot of places are sold out or you can wait for a rerun.

Sorry to hijack this thread but it kinda seems related to what I'm looking for...

Background: I was going to treat myself to one nice piece of Force Awakens collectible, as I've reached that stage in life where I've only got room and money to collect one thing, that being Transformer Masterpieces. The girlfriend said I should buy at least one Force Awakens thing given we're both big fans of Star Wars.

Dilemma: I was originally thinking of getting the Hot Toys Rey + BB-8 figure from Hot Toys, but at $500 a pop that was getting a bit ridiculous. I've decided to settle on a First Order Stormtrooper, but not sure which brand to get: I've seen Hot Toys, ArtFX and Figuarts. Any recommendations? My budget is $100 give or take so presumably that leaves Hot Toys out.

i want something like this as well. another company is 'makex' or 'makefx' or something. i want one that has a stock on the blaster as i'm in love with one of the promotional images:
    http://starkiller1138.deviantart.com...oper-559032244

I ended up getting the artfx First Order Stormtrooper two-pack off Ebay for around $120. Comes with blaster rifles with or without a stock.

Sure your girlfriend doesn't say where are the good guys now? Lol

I think I made the right choice not to start as I thought maybe collecting only the Jedi and siths for figuarts. I am glad I sit this one out.

Heh, no chance of collecting more statues, there's no room left in the house if I was to buy more.

Overall the quality seems pretty good, would've liked a bit more gloss on the armour finish. I'll admit being a bit jealous of the Hot Toys version on display at EB games/Zing but that was going for $358

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Heh, no chance of collecting more statues, there's no room left in the house if I was to buy more.

Overall the quality seems pretty good, would've liked a bit more gloss on the armour finish. I'll admit being a bit jealous of the Hot Toys version on display at EB games/Zing but that was going for $358
    Can't compare hot toys, they are top of the line products.

Still waiting on my figuarts hulkbuster

nice one, how is the posing and articulation?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    nice one, how is the posing and articulation?
    Well I consider them more to be statues rather than figures. Minimal articulation, mostly in the body and head to twist. But you get about three sets of different arms, legs and hands to create a number of set poses. You're not going to get any "crouched on one knee firing position" type poses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Well I consider them more to be statues rather than figures. Minimal articulation, mostly in the body and head to twist. But you get about three sets of different arms, legs and hands to create a number of set poses. You're not going to get any "crouched on one knee firing position" type poses.
    ah ok i see. might pass then.