Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regeneration 1 #80.5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Regeneration 1 #80.5

If I travelled back in time to tell childhood me about this, he would wet his pants. Or something:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=36515

So good. (I was worried that the colouring wouldn't be flat enough and would be all smartarsey computer shading - it's not ideal, but not as bad as I imagined.) And to circumvent copyright issues, Circuit Breaker is now a guy called Circuit Smasher. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    If I travelled back in time to tell childhood me about this, he would wet his pants. Or something:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=36515

So good. (I was worried that the colouring wouldn't be flat enough and would be all smartarsey computer shading - it's not ideal, but not as bad as I imagined.) And to circumvent copyright issues, Circuit Breaker is now a guy called Circuit Smasher. Weird.
    Yeah that Circuit Breaker gender changer really feels odd. But I guess the character was never sexualised within the narrative (aside from her looks of course) so it could technically be straight forward to do a retcon with the only change needed being the name and visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah that Circuit Breaker gender changer really feels odd. But I guess the character was never sexualised within the narrative (aside from her looks of course) so it could technically be straight forward to do a retcon with the only change needed being the name and visuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Breaker/Smasher thing is not a big deal in the world of Trailcutters and Shockblasts, that I just skimmed over it and didn't put two and two together.
    I'm now thinking that since #80.5 onwards is set 21 years after #80, maybe Circuit Smasher is Josie Beller and G.B. Blackrock's son?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think there will be more outrage from some that Soundwave is still purple
    Ha.

I'm now thinking that since #80.5 onwards is set 21 years after #80, maybe Circuit Smasher is Josie Beller and G.B. Blackrock's son?

A very probable hypothesis.

On another note, why is Rumble so tall?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    On another note, why is Rumble so tall?
    Wildman probably didn't know he was meant to be short - he's pretty much never had to draw Rumble (or Frenzy) before (and since it's a flashback, may never draw him again.)

Make of this what you will...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Goktimus Prime Seeing Circuit Bre--, uh, Smasher as a bloke is going to take some getting used to! :O
    I take it that you guys couldn't have gotten away with some less drastic like just a hair or skin colour change?

Andrew Wildman Re Circuit Smasher; Maybe things are not quite what you think they are ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Or, since Circuit Smasher is blond, wears blue and doesn't have a moustache, maybe Circuit Breaker got together with Spike and he's their son.

I just became interested in comics again
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

And to circumvent copyright issues, Circuit Breaker is now a guy called Circuit Smasher.
    So that's who that guy is. I was looking and it earlier and was puzzled by that face. The Breaker/Smasher thing is not a big deal in the world of Trailcutters and Shockblasts, that I just skimmed over it and didn't put two and two together.

I think there will be more outrage from some that Soundwave is still purple

The art is nice and G1 stlyed, if not coloured (wohoo, no Yomtov!). The loose ends sound fascinating and I like how Furman has already let loose clues as to who we can expect to see alot of.

So with G1 back, we will have 3 actual printed comics (Autocracy should conclude before May...) released a month. Awesomesauce!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)