Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicron at Zing/EB Games

well, it's Monday and it's still up at zing, that's pretty cool.
    Hasbro Pulse currently numbers it at 5635 backers.
    I wonder if this extension will help many. I'd imagine a lot of people who had figured that they couldn't afford it (in the states) probably haven't been saving on the off chance that the project would get a time extension.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    well, it's Monday and it's still up at zing, that's pretty cool.
    Hasbro Pulse currently numbers it at 5635 backers.
    I wonder if this extension will help many. I'd imagine a lot of people who had figured that they couldn't afford it (in the states) probably haven't been saving on the off chance that the project would get a time extension.
    Yeah that's a good point. Though maybe there were some that were saving but hadn't quite saved enough.

The listing is still up with EB too. If I manage to get to the EB in Mudgee before the next cut off date Ill see if they can help me cancel my order through ZING in Bathurst and then order two with them. I've watched a few videos of Unicron being transformed and it looks like a super hassle. Id be happy to transform him back and forth once so I've had the experience and then just have one in each mode as display pieces.

I don't know why they didn't just team up with a credit provider for payment in instalments. Would have meant far more sales I suspect given the tight economy over there.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

So, is Unicron actually going to be funded after all? It got up to 5660 backers but is now down to 5647.

People are cancelling in favour of the 3P version coming. And I copped flak for saying I prefer the Hasbro one anyway. The fandom sucks sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    People are cancelling in favour of the 3P version coming. And I copped flak for saying I prefer the Hasbro one anyway. The fandom sucks sometimes
    Yeah it does. The 3rd party one is nice. But it's not what I want for a Unicron. It's so small. The Haslab one had better be funded or we will never see anything like this again.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Yeah it does. The 3rd party one is nice. But it's not what I want for a Unicron. It's so small. The Haslab one had better be funded or we will never see anything like this again.
    Wonder if Hasbro will look at their legal options because they now have something that is directly competing with their sales for something that is simultaneously being developed.

Whilst I'll be disappointed if it doesn't get made, I'll at least get my money back and put it towards my trip to Germany next year lol

It's their own fault for turning a blind eye all this time, not worrying about the small impact those unauthorised toys had on their mass-produced toys, so that when it finally affects something of theirs it's too late to then do something affective. It's now been 10 years since we started seeing actual toys instead of just accessories which means there are fans out there who treat them as legitimate TFs toys, chastising fans of the real toys if there is a dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's their own fault for turning a blind eye all this time, not worrying about the small impact those unauthorised toys had on their mass-produced toys, so that when it finally affects something of theirs it's too late to then do something affective. It's now been 10 years since we started seeing actual toys instead of just accessories which means there are fans out there who treat them as legitimate TFs toys, chastising fans of the real toys if there is a dispute.
    I saw an example of that on one of the Aussie TF FB pages. I put up my review of Cyberverse Alpha Trion last night and mentioned how it was the most G1-reminicent Alpha Trion robot mode we've had (compared to the Legends, Timelines and Titans Return ones). One of the responses was a person posting pictures of several different 3P Alpha Trions that were more G1-authentic looking than the actual official toys. The mindset displayed was obviously these 3P ones were as valid as the official toys and perhaps Hasbro can blame themselves for letting it get to that state of affairs.

Personally I'm really hoping the official Unicron gets made. I'll even be designing my shelving for the new shed specifically to support the size and weight of a pair of them (one for each mode) as a central focal point of the back wall. Though I suppose if he doesn't get made I'll be saving $1700 I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As far as I know, this is the first time they've had something competing at the same time. Fans Toys was developing their MP Soundwave and then Hasbro revealed their own so FT shelved theirs. They were hesitant to push the limits. Now it seems Zeta wants to push the envelope. I don't much like where it's heading. And not liking the way the fandom is fighting one another.